Friday, March 4, 2011

Freshening up the Mantel

Bye Bye Winter, Hello Spring!!
We're not quite there yet but it's time to change up the mantel.
Adding in a few St. Patty's touches..(spelled out Shamrock with our letter blocks and the birdcage is from thrifting-I had plans to spray paint it but I like the green right now).

The birds are from my daughter's sweet 16 party.
 I thought the mantel needed a little more swagger so I made this 'lucky' pennant banner.{tute to follow}

The console table in the family room with this great subway art.
I brought the shamrock candle holders back from Ireland. {sigh}
Cute little thatched cottage.
The shamrock buckets are from Joanne Fabrics.
The bunny tin is from this thrifting adventure.
It already feels lighter and fresher!
How is your Spring decorating coming along?

Linking up with:
















Pin It

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Hello! Im a new follower through the Social Parade! Hope you'll follow back. Love the mantel! Have a great Friday :)

Megan said...

I really need to start greening up my house to. the snow is just plain depressing at this point.
New follower. When you get the chance please follow me back.. http://realadventuresfromamomof3.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

Hey there, I'm your newest follower :) By the way, love your decorations!

Life in Rehab said...

Hey, I'm one of your oldest followers, and I really <3 the evolution of the mantle. That little cottage is especially adorable!

Chelsea said...

You always totally deck out your mantel - and I always love it! It's gorgeous!! The pops of green are perfect, and that bunting is like the cherry on top!

~Chelsea

Beki Hilton said...

Hi! Love the blog! New follower here. You can visit me at http://mymodernguide.blogpsot.com

Beki :-)

Home Made Quilts By Granny said...

Great Mantel makeover...like the green for saint P day. Trish

Lesli said...

Wow we have a lot in common. Photography, Disney .. Glad I found your blog. Love the "lucky" banner btw.

Hello from a new follower on the hop! Please stop by and follow me too when you get a sec! Thanks and Happy Weekend! :D

Lesli
http://leslislittleumbrella.blogspot.com/

Jodie said...

Your mantel is fantastic, love all the details!

I'm a new follower and look forward to your posts.

I would love for you to stop by sometime,
www.lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com

Warm Wishes,
Jodie

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Wow - love your mantel!! So many fun things and the touches of green for St. Patty's Day are perfect.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails