Monday, March 21, 2011

{Recipe} Beer Bread

Want a nice hot loaf of homemade bread in the same amount of time it takes to make dinner? Try some beer bread. We had an abundance of leftover beer in our garage fridge (and don't really drink it) so in an attempt to use some of it up, I made beer bread.

The ingredients are pantry staples; flour, baking powder, salt and of course beer (from the fridge). The recipe I used called for 3 cups of self rising flour but I found out that I could just add 1 TBS of baking powder and 1 tsp of salt in with regular flour to make it "self rising".

Of course I always forget to include one ingredient in the photo. It also called for 3 TBS of sugar but after reading the reviews, I added 1/3 cup of sugar instead.

Mix all of the dried ingredients together.

Pour in 12 ounces of beer (I used Pale Ale which did give it a strong ale-y flavor).

Mix up the sticky batter and pour into a greased loaf pan.

Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes. The top will be crunchy and the inside will be soft.  


Another variation was to add shredded cheese and dill which I want to try next time. 
Couldn't be easier.  

Please help me celebrate my 1 year blogiversary by entering my csnstores gift card giveaway!
Click here to enter!!
This giveaway is now closed.

Linking up with:
Pin It

12 comments:

Siv Maria said...

I love anything with Beer in it :)This looks yummy!

Sarah said...

Happy blogiversary! This looks delicious, I will have to try it!

I am a new follower from the Saturday Stalk, I would love if you could stop by and follow back www.mooseandtater.com

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

i love beer bread, thanks for sharing this great recipe.

Chelsea said...

Ohhh, that looks soooo good! I'm such a sucker for beer bread!

~Chelsea

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

Oh MY!!! That looks YUMM! FedEx some of that to me IMMEDATELY!!!
Paaaalease!

xoxokara

Tess said...

Happy Day!
Great looking bread too-yummy!

Mama Hen said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary! This sounds yummy! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Mama Hen said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary! This sounds yummy! Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Katie of Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this...I think my husband would love it. Thanks for sharing!

BigBearswife said...

I love beer bread..... ok well I like it... my husband loves it!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Heather, I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing the recipe at WUW.

abeachcottage said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, the beer bread looks yum!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails