Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vacation Antiquing - What we got!

The things I actually came home with aren't nearly as interesting as what we saw in the shop but here goes.
I found my vintage scale! There were a few white ones but I liked this black one best.
As you can see above, it's sitting on the counter with a cloche-ful of pears at the moment.
My other purchase was this ironstone chamber pot.
Yeah, I said it..chamber pot. It was sold "as is" for $2.
See why? I didn't care. I can see it filled up with some pansies out on my porch.

I also snapped up this ironstone plate (my first)
The three pieces look like a set, don't they?



After a thorough washing and drying, it's in my china cabinet for now.
That wasn't all..the kids also got some treasures but I'll have to get some photos and show them off later.
Pin It

9 comments:

Rumtruffle said...

Just hopping by and wishing you a lovely weekend x

Dawn said...

Great finds! =) Newest follower, please follow back...thanks!

Dawn
http://dawn-wemaynothaveitalltogether.blogspot.com/

Not Just Another Mother Blogger! said...

Wow, I never find cool stuff like that when I go to antique stores!

www.notjustanothermotherblogger.com

Marice said...

following u from BHF!

feel free to visit me too at
Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next

Carolyn said...

just poppin by saying hi and neat blog...
won't you stop over at
http://thebackyardbeautyandbookboutique.blogspot.com/

blessings

Linda said...

Linda here from Follow Friday. GReat blog! I love looking at all the antiques, even if I can't have'em.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

LOVE the scale, Heather! Fantastic find!

Rosanne said...

Awesome finds!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow, you found some fabulous pieces. Love them all. The scale with the cloche is awesome. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails