Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Over exposure?

Dining room curtains...I had a love/hate relationship with the sheers left here by the previous owners.

They didn't look awful but I always felt they darkened the dining room and weren't quite my taste.
I ripped them down to see how it would look.
I love the natural light coming into the room.
But I also feel a little exposed now.  Even though the sheers didn't provide that much privacy, we had the illusion of privacy.
I'm getting used to the wide open windows. 
And I had better because I washed the sheers and when I dried them they became a tangled up, ripped up balled up mess. FAIL!
I've been wanting new window treatments but I'm not sure what I want.  In the interim I'm considering replacing the sheers. What to do what to do?




Pin It

3 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

I like the way it looks now. However, If I were to change them, I would just get a panel, for each window, and have it off to one side...that would be a nice look too.

Life in Rehab said...

You were right on removing those sheers; I think they commited suicide. The room looks wonderful with all that light although I hear you on the privacy. I'd go with side drapes and honeycomb shades. But does anyone REALLY want to mimic my taste?

Saucy B said...

I think they look great without the sheers. If you want privacy sometimes, I would recommend using honeycomb shades because they can be pulled up so tight that they disappear when you don't want to use them.
Found you and following you through freakin' Friday blog hop. :-)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails