Thursday, July 20, 2017

Meal Prepping

When I prep food for the week I always eat better and meals seem much easier to put together. Here's an example of what I might prep for the upcoming week.

Ideas for Meal Prepping
  • Cut up veggies-for salads, snacking and meals. I usually cut up a watermelon or a pineapple too. If I have berries (hello summer fruit!), I will wash them in a colander and leave them out for snacking.
  • Roasted veggies-I usually make extra when I'm roasting veggies for dinner. The leftovers will be used in future meals.
  • Tofu scramble-I make a big batch of it with a full block of tofu then I portion it out. I can eat this hot, cold or in a wrap.  I'm probably cutting up veggies while this is cooking.
  • Overnight Oats-I make a few of these so I can just grab them for breakfast or a snack.
  • Brown rice-I like to make a big batch of rice for the week. I'll use it for meals like stuffed peppers, Buddha Bowls, stir fries or veggie burgers.  Veggie burgers are another thing I like to batch cook and keep in the fridge or freezer.
  • Quinoa-During the school year I usually make a batch of quinoa because Miss High School likes it in her salad that I pack her for lunch.
  • Marinara Sauce-I like to make extra and freeze it.
Do you do any meal prep? What are your best tips and what is your favorite thing to prep if you do?

Linking up:

Pin It

6 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

I try to do meal preps for my lunches through the week. Of course I only work three days a week but still, it helps. I am not your "lets' go out for fast food gal". One, I am too frugal...or CHEAP, which ever way one wants to see it. LOL! But in all honesty, it truly keeps me from eating unhealthy. I have friends that go out to eat every single day for lunch. The money part of it SHOCKS me for sure but I just rather have my own food. My meal preps consists of leftovers from dinners a lot. Most often I wash and cut up my veggies for snacks. Fruit is on the counter in a bowl for grabbing. Breakfast bars is my go too for mornings when working as I am not a big breakfast eater. I also boil eggs through the week to add to my salads (which I usually make up in advance). So many little things you can do to meal prep. It just takes a little time. Hugs and blessings Heather.
Cindy

Tamar SB said...

I do more meal planning. I know what breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be for the week.

I prep all my water bottles (water and lemon/mint) and have them in the fridge. If I make salad for lunch I prep all those bc that's tedious work on a work night!

Carla from The River said...

We do many of the same ideas that you shared.
Rice has been a go to for our boys. Our schedules can be wonky with Sam's work schedule and summer activities.

I also make hard boiled eggs.

Clairejustine oxox said...

Great ideas Heather. I have been eating a lot of junk lately and these would be perfect. I need to start making overnight oats again, love them but keep forgetting to make them.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I do a lot of these things but I am a bit more lax during the summer. I love the idea of overnight oats. I try to make a huge fruit salad during the week too!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, doing the meal prepping like you do is a great idea. I do the same when making brown rice. I will have to remember to do this more for my meals during the week. We do make during the school year crock pot oatmeal and we make a little extra for a few more days during the week.
Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
Enjoy the weekend.
Julie

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails