Wednesday, October 20, 2010

{Getting Crafty}Candy Corn Decor

Here I go playing with my food again. 
If you were one of my early three readers, you might recall the Peeps wreath I did for Easter.



{in case you missed it}

I wanted to try the same technique with candy corn so after a quick Dollar Store trip I had my supplies.
The wreath form was green and I wanted it to be orange but didn't have any plain orange paint so I used some orange glitter paint.  It didn't cover that well but it gave me enough of an orange undercoat.
I attached the candy corn with hot glue in an alternating pattern. I didn't take any pictures because I was having so much fun gluing them on (and trying not to burn off my skin).
See that little white bowl? It's got ice water in it (Martha's hot glue gun rule #1) in case any of the glue got on my fingers.

This black and white gingham ribbon seemed like a good hanging choice.

I had some leftover candy corn and covered a Styrofoam ball in this spiky pattern. Getting crazy, right?


Off to look more surfaces I can cover with candy.....
Linking up with:

blog button


DIY Club

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend  wrap    up           party!
Pin It

12 comments:

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

They're "crazy" cute! I would take off at least 2 fingers of skin with all that gluing :) Great job!

Life in Rehab said...

Heeheeheehee! This turned out cute! We can't do that down here (the front door would be covered in vermin), so I'll just sit and admire yours enviously.

Love the spiky ball too!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Ha! I love the wreath! The ball made me laugh!

That water bowl idea is the best ever! I totally need to do that! I burnt myself pretty bad last week (I use the glue gun A LOT).

Thanks for voting for me by the way!

Chelsea said...

Super-cute! I'd say I'd love to try this, too, but um, I'd rather avoid the melting hot-glue/sticky candy corn mess that would certainly happen with our front door, haha! :)

~Chelsea

Marissa said...

soooo cute, and I've seen those wreaths for 1.00 at our dollar store too :) FUN! Thanks for sharing!!

Julie Harward said...

That beats eating it all...and I love the spiky one..too cute! ;D

Amanda said...

I've been working on the same thing this evening.

Jami said...

The wreath is really cute, but the porcupine ball captured my heart! I love it. Thanks for linking up to Theme Party Thursday. :)

taylor said...

ha! i love the spiky candy corn ball. that is so cute!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

Very cute! I really like the spiky ball too. :) And way to follow Martha's advice. I laughed so hard when she explained that on her show, but it's a wise tip. ;)
xoxo,
Amy
p.s. thanks for linking up to Point of View!

Lindsay said...

I think it turned out really cute! I love the ribbon that you used! So happy to know it saves well!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I like the candy corn one, too!!!!!!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails