Friday, October 29, 2010

{Getting Crafty} Moustache Sticks

I have to admit, I didn't quite "get" the whole moustache stick craze that seems to be happening around blog land.  People are using them as photo props at parties, showers even giving them out as favors at weddings!




I just happened to show them to my daughter and she loved the idea of making them for her French themed party so we did!  All you need is some felt, bamboo skewers and glue.


I used this link for a template.

Cut out the template and then trace onto black felt with chalk or a white pencil. Glue two of them together with a bamboo skewer sandwiched between them and let them dry.


Leave them out and grab your camera!

{unfortunately I didn't get any photos during the party but they kind of look like bats so they are fitting right in with the Halloween decor}
Blogger Templates
Pin It

6 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Those would be cool on the "You didn't wear a costume? Here you go!" prop table at a party. And how easy!

Samantha said...

haha! i never understood the mustache thing either. so many people have them in their wedding. i've even started to see coffee mugs with mustaches. so goofy!

Sabrina said...

Very cute! I just saw these for sale on Etsy too while looking for new photography props. who knew??

Mama Hen said...

I never really thought about it either, but they are really cute! Great pictures! I hope you have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

Julie Harward said...

I have seen a bit of this around but didn't think much about it..things catch on slower here! ;D

Homemade Quilts by Granny said...

I'm sure your party was a success...cute idea. Trish

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails