Gift Fruit Box:We received this lovely box of winter fruit in the mail. What a great New Year's surprise!
The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi: I'm trying to keep my reading up this year and this book was a great addition to my list.
From Amazon-"In Kabul, 2007, with a drug-addicted father and no brothers, Rahima and her sisters can only sporadically attend school, and can rarely leave the house. Their only hope lies in the ancient custom of bacha posh, which allows young Rahima to dress and be treated as a boy until she is of marriageable age. As a son, she can attend school, go to the market, and chaperone her older sisters.
But Rahima is not the first in her family to adopt this unusual custom. A century earlier, her great-great grandmother, Shekiba, left orphaned by an epidemic, saved herself and built a new life the same way.
Crisscrossing in time, The Pearl the Broke Its Shell interweaves the tales of these two women separated by a century who share similar destinies. But what will happen once Rahima is of marriageable age? Will Shekiba always live as a man? And if Rahima cannot adapt to life as a bride, how will she survive?"
My Recipe Index: I've been revisiting some of my old faves in my newly organized Recipe Index in an attempt to get out of my cooking rut.
I made a pot of this Slow Cooker Taco Soup last week and enjoyed it the whole week.
I also made a pot of this Crock Pot Split Pea Soup recently. Give me all of the soups!I reworked my Tater Tot Hot Dish and swapped out the tofu for some beef-less crumbles and it was GOOD and Mr. Click approved! Recipe to come.
The Homemade Vegan Pantry by Miyoka Schinner: I picked up this book at the library and there are so many things I want to try and make from scratch-like vegan yogurt, butter, bacon and cheese.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick









9 comments:
I like your roundup today. The book looks interesting and I need to give some of my rings a good cleaning. Have a nice day and weekend Heather.
Yum.
I just love fruit boxes! And I love taco soup, Yum! Have an absolutely beautiful weekend my friend!
That book looks good! I need to clean my jewelry!
Receiving a fruit box is the best! We received one a few years ago it was just what we needed in the middle of winter. ;-)
I do like the taco soup and tots dish. Making me hungry I have a pizza in the oven. I'm ready for it now.
All that food is looks yummy.
Oh that fruit box looks divine but I sure would love a bowl of your taco soup! Hugs and blessings and Happy Valentines day Heather Lou.
Cindy
That sounds like a really good book. Will have to add it to my TBR list.
Post a Comment