Tuesday, February 28, 2017

{Recipe} Crock Pot Split Pea Soup

I made a version of this soup back in September but never got around to posting the recipe for it.  I'm glad I didn't because recently I had some split pea soup at a restaurant that was thick and pureed and even better than my first attempt.  I came home and tried to recreate it and I think I came pretty close!
Ingredients:

1 pound dried split peas, rinsed and picked over
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
2-3 carrots, chopped in large pieces
3-4 small Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1-2 bay leaves
6-7 cups of water
salt & pepper

To make:
  • Layer ingredients(except salt & pepper) in crock pot in order listed.
  • Stir to combine.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high for about 4 hours).
  • Remove bay leaves and puree soup with an immersion blender.
  • Season with salt & pepper.


Let's Keep In Touch!
  photo pinterest-2_zps1a6f4965.png  photo instagram-2_zpse2ae75b5.png  photo facebook-2_zps1d5be0d6.png  photo twitter-1_zps27e694f2.png
Pin It

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oo! So thick!

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

We were just talking about pea soup over the weekend, I haven't had it in years! Another recipe I'm going to have to try because of you my friend !

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails