Thursday, July 18, 2019

{Day Trip} Philly Veg Fest-Hits & Misses

We're always up for checking out a local veg fest.
This one was in the Queen Village section of Philly,
It had live music, various speakers and lots of food trucks and vendors.
 The lines were long for the food trucks and we were hungry! We started out with a "crab" cake and mac & cheese. The crab cake was delish but the mac & cheese wasn't great.
We got in another long line and picked the Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos.
 They were ok but not as good as I'd expected (Mr. Click didn't like them at all).
 We did discover this fun canned water while we were waiting in line.  It was causing quite a stir because it looked like beer but was only mountain water.
 The fest itself  was fun but since we weren't enjoying the food (and the lines had gotten ridiculously long) we decided to try out a restaurant for brunch called Hungry Pigeon.
 It was an excellent choice. I ordered the breakfast bowl which was organic brown rice porridge that came with a whole bunch of toppings (lentils, sprouts, avocado, kimchi and salsa verde.  It was so different and so yummy!
Mr. Click got this gorgeous grilled cheese (and I got that tasty side salad!). We loved exploring the neighborhood and getting to another veg fest!

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Pin It

5 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like a fun fest but too bad the food wasn't so good. At least you were able to find the nice restaurant to eat at!

Tamar SB said...

Bummer the fest food was meh!
That restaurant looks great!

csuhpat1 said...

Sounds like an interesting festival.

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us Heather. I just went to our County Fair, I had a not so hot sandwich. So I get what you mean about not so good. LOL

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Looks like SUCH a yummy night at Veg-Fest! The Liquid Death looks really cool! So many good looking eats. That grilled cheese looks incredible!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails