This is just a practice run but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to do this for our upcoming trip. *Note - This isn't exactly what I'm planning to pack, just an experiment of what I could pack.*
Here's what I packed:
3 pairs of jeans (black jeggings, dark wash skinny & white)
2 skirts (denim & black)
1 dress (multi)
1 blazer (black)
1 puffer jacket (black)
1 sweatshirt (grey)
1 long open cardigan (grey)
1 short button cardigan (black)
1 tunic sweater (black)
2 long sleeve tees (black and striped)
1 short sleeve tee (navy)
2 button down shirts (chambray & blue gingham)
1 dressy top (black pattern)
3 tank tops
1 pj pant/1 pj top/1 robe
1 pair work out leggings and top
3 scarves
2 pairs of shoes (low booties & TOMS flats)
6 socks/2 tights/2 bras/5 undies (we'll have a washing machine at our destination)
1 pair of gloves
Jewelry/Hair brush/Mirror/Hair Clip
I tried to pack things that I could mix and match and wear more than once.
How did I fit all of this into a carry on suitcase? I used packing cubes to keep everything organized and compressed. I ordered my set from Amazon and there are so many brands and sizes to choose from. My set came with a few different sizes so that was a good way to start out.It takes some trial and error to figure out which way to fit them into your bags. I added the shoes in on one side (normally I'd wrap them in a bag or shower cap). If I was bringing boots, I'd probably wear them on the plane because they are heavier/bulkier for packing.
The largest packing cube fits perfectly on the left side of the suitcase.
Here is everything set out before packing it into the suitcase. I only used 3 of the 4 packing cubes that came in the set.And I'm packed! This was just a practice run but I think I can do it. Before I go I'll have to figure out my outfits based on the predicted weather like I did for our last trip to Europe.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick










9 comments:
How exciting Heather that you are going Europe next month. WOW! What a grand trip it will be. Girl...you are amazing at your packing skills. One thing I did learn when I went to Nicaragua with the help of others was to do just what you are doing. Pack clothing that can worn more than once by simply adding a different top or different color bottoms. Of course I know a lot of this has to do with what your plans will be on your trip. For me, lots of walking was in store so def. good walking shoes was packed. I have never heard of those cubes. Gonna check it out. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
Europe is SO fun, and you're going to have a blast! I'm impressed that you managed to fit all that in your carry-on, too...seriously, that takes talent!
Woohoo Europe here you come! Oh I am the worst overpacker so this is so inspiring. The rest of my trips this year are driving so I’ll probably still over pack, lol, but I am saving this for next year travels. So helpful! Happy Monday sweet friend!
How exciting Heather. I can not wait to hear all about your trip :)
That is amazing! Well done!
Hi Heather, oh how exciting to be going to Europe soon. I think you did a great job with packing all of your things into a carry on for ten days. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
Julie
Oh I love my packing cubes. They are often featured on my YouTube travel vids. Heads up, we had frost today and also not many people are out in white jeans . it's all new York black navy grey burgundy and mustard on the streets.
https://www.muttonstyle.com
You have some serious packing skills! Sounds like you’re really thinking of all the details!
Well done .. my friend Judy only takes a backpack! She is traveling to the UK at the end of November thru December 16th.
Post a Comment