Thursday, September 6, 2018

{Get Thrifty} Thursday

I haven't done a {Get Thrifty} Thursday post in so long. I haven't been thrifting much and if I have, nothing has caught my eye.
 Until I saw this guy! This wooden crate was calling my name.
 I picked it up for $1.99.  I've wanted a long wooden box to make a centerpiece out of it and I knew this would work.
 I jumped right in with some of the mason jar tea light holders from that I have leftover from the grad party. Cute, but it needed more.
Then I added in some pumpkins and burlap leaves from the Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree's fall stuff is really good this year.
 I might stain the crate a darker color but for now I like playing around with the arrangement.
I call this a successful upcycle. What do you think?

Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Pin It

8 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Well done, Heather, I like it. :-)

Tamar SB said...

So lovely! Now if the temperatures would get in line!

Andrea Nine said...

Pumpkin Pretty! I just love this and your thriftiness! Happy Friday!

Claire Justine said...

Whoo I love this Heather. So creative :) Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The Weekend Blog Hop.

Laura Everyday Edits said...

I love this heather! And, the photos are great too; capturing the lit candles. I saw your INSTA feed with Daughter #2 leaving for Dublin! Keep us posted on her journey!laura

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love it! I can’t believe you snagged that crate for $1.99! It looks perfect for Fall! I’m itching to do one now!

Ping's Nom Fiction Life said...

Very creative Heather! I love anything wooden and the candles put in there makes it so cozy looking for autumn.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather I love the wooden box and cute fall decorations.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails