Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Open House - Snow?

Got this stuff at Pier 1.  It looked a fun activity to try.

Just add water=instant snow!

It came with this cute little shovel too.

Mix with water and the cute little shovel.  It expands a lot!
I thought it would be pretty on the buffet in the dining room. FAIL! The snow is too wet and sticks to every thing!!
I ended up decorating the buffet like this instead.


The only snow that 'survived' was in this little cloche.  It is starting to dry out and contract back to it's original form finally.


I made my own snowy decor.


with Styrofoam balls, cones and fluffy snow like I used here.

I'm still waiting for some real snow, got that Santa? Pretty please!!

Linking up with:
Pin It

4 comments:

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

Hi Heather...I have that snow, and LOVE it. Great photos! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Sorry the snow didn't work :( All your decor looks great, very festive!

Merry Christmas!

Creative Chaos @ The Play Connection, Inc. said...

Love your snowman lights. We have plenty of snow here and some similar snow I got at Oriental Trading in a Science Kit. I bet it would work. Following you. Hope you'll visit http://www.kidscreativechaos.com

Eve said...

Merry Christmas Heather and family!!! We have plenty of snow over here that you can have!! hahaa.
Lovely decorations, Happy New year to you as well!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails