Friday, December 3, 2010

{Entertaining} Harvest Cocktails


I know everyone is so focused on the other holidays right now so I'm a little late in this post. Since we were going for Thanksgiving and I knew when we got back, I'd be overwhelmed with Christmas decorating, shopping, baking, etc..we decided to host a pre-Thanksgiving get together.
(my chalkboard vases are still being used!)

The bar(I'm using the tablecloth from my daughter's rustic French birthday party).
These delicious pumpkin pie martinis

You'll find the recipe here.


I thought this was a cute way to serve guacamole. Rim an extra large margarita glass with coarse salt and fill it with guac!  I saw this idea in a Susan Branch cookbook. Love her!


Here is some of the food we served.
 
I bought most of the food to keep it easy. I don't know why only one candle is lit in this photo.


Fresh veggies..have you ever tried those mini bell peppers? Yum!
A cheese board.
Gooey baked brie with a cranberry topping.
The dessert buffet (and I got buffet lamps!)  I served chocolate fondue with all kinds of dippers.

Another plate of goodies from our guests.

It was an adults-only party and it was one of the most relaxed, fun get togethers we've ever thrown!
Pin It

6 comments:

Sheila said...

VERY nice spread! Looks like it was a great time with the whole set-up. WOW!

Life in Rehab said...

What a lovely spread- I'll bring the sauternes!

Anestazia said...

I'm still in love with your vases! I plan on making some as soon as I start remembering to save my wine bottles!! Hehe.

http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

Heather@myeverydaygraces said...

Looks like a wonderful spread in a beautiful home, what is not to like?

Debbie said...

You are making me miss Fall again. I love the chalkboard vases, very clever.

Eve said...

Oh lovely,
Hi Heather, everything looks so nice, I love your table spread. Thanks for sharing, it's very inspiring!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails