Wednesday, December 29, 2010

{Recipe} Chocolate Peppermint Trifle

This was our Christmas dinner dessert. I looked at a few recipes and then crafted one of my own.  The chocolate peppermint craze continues!
Here are the ingredients I used.
First I made a double batch of Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownies and added a few drops of peppermint oil to the batter before baking.  Cool, cut and set aside (try not to eat them all).  You can do this a few days before assembling the trifle.
On Christmas eve we put the trifle together. First I whipped up some White Chocolate Mousse.

I used Dr. Oetker brand and made a double batch of it.

Added in some mini white chocolate chips for a little texture.  Put in the fridge to set.

When you're ready to assemble get all of your ingredients together.


The silver bowl contains freshly whipped cream.
Start by crumbling some brownies in the bowl

Add a layer of mousse.

Then some crushed peppermints (candy canes) and some mini semi sweet and white chocolate chips.

Followed by a layer of whipped cream.

Repeat the layers.

Sprinkle more crushed peppermints on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of the trifle bowl up on its pedestal. 
Pin It

9 comments:

Jamie Bishop said...

Is that a Pampered Chef trifle bowl?

Life in Rehab said...

That sounds fabulous- I REALLY wish Savannah liked mint!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! Well first let me start off by saying Hello and I'm a new follower. There is nothing like greeting someone by having the first picture be of a delicious dish!! :) I'm in awe and it's never too early for chocolate but I don't have the ingredients to make that (just yet). Thank you for sharing.

I hope you'll stop bye my page and say hello, follow back!

xoxo
Kate
http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

Mariesa M. said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this one!
http://tencowchick.com

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

Um, YUM! Will you please share this at my weekend linky party?

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you again!

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured your recipe today, so feel free to stop by and grab a button!

lulumusing said...

I've been craving something sweet all day and this looks like it could do the trick. I just happen to have some Ghiardelli brownie mix in the pantry!

blkenigma888 said...

OOO These look great! Thanks for linking up to A Themed Baker's Sunday at Cupcake Apothecary!
Alyssa

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails