Friday, August 18, 2023

Friday Favorites-Summer Edition

Happy Friday! Here are some of my favorites lately.

Some of my summer reading. Both of these books were recommended on TikTok and I took them on vacation with me.  They are both kind of mysterious without being too frightening.

I forget where I heard about this book but I enjoyed it. It's a light romance about a ghost writer who sees ghosts. I just finished this one.


Trust Your Gut (Mauve Nude Pink)
I tried a Maybelline Super Stay Ink Crayon Lipstick and I liked it so much, I got another color. They really do last!
 Break the Ceiling (RoseyPink)

My garden has been doing pretty well this year.  I planted some flower seeds in some pots and also in the vegetable garden and it's been fun to see them grow and bloom.

I've also enjoyed bringing in some bouquets from the garden.  Does anyone remember this old post Chalk Painted Mason Jars?

Shout out to my early readers if you're still with me!

I've been trying out overnight heatless curl methods. A robe belt is my preferred curling "instrument" but  I also purchased a different one that I like as well.


What to wear to a Christmas in July party.

We went to a fun Christmas In July Party. They really did up the theming and it was so cute!
These have been my summer nails. They are gel stickers but don't need a uv light to cure them.  (I found them at Target).

I saw this cute needlepoint at a local restaurant and I love it!
What have you been "favoriting" lately?

Please follow me!
Pin It

10 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, I love this fun post. I will have to check out those books. I have that lipstick and I love it. I have that lipstick in the color lead the way and I love it too! I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Joanne said...

I just listened to All Good People Here this past month and really enjoyed the mystery. Your nails are fabulous and it looks like your garden did amazing.

Ann said...

Thanks for the tips...I love long wearing lip color so I will look for these. Great book suggestions - I just this minute finished Lady Tan's Circle of Women by Lisa See. Was not sure I would like it...I LOVED IT !

Tamar SB said...

Your garden looks amazing. Love the heatless curls!

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice. Love the Christmas in July party and your garden is amazing. Very nice.

Creations By Cindy said...

Now I need to go buy me some of that lipstick! Love the things you've shared. What a fun theme party. Yes girl, gotta dress cool for Christmas in July. Your hair looks amazing. I have never heard of a robe method. I am just learning new things all the time. LOL! Who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick!!! Happy New Week to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

R's Rue said...

Love your nails

Carla from The River said...

Love your nails.
What a fun party. :-)
Your hair looks great.
Carla

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Reserved those books on Libby library app. Thank you!
What a fun party theme!

xo laura

Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love seeing the bud vases with garden fresh flowers. LOVE those chalk painted mason jars from a while back! Syd has does the heatless curls too. She likes them!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails