Thursday, August 31, 2023

{Travel}Family Trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico - Day 1

I was going to do our Mexico trip all in one post but it's too overwhelming so I'm going to break it down by days(at least that's the plan right now). 

A family trip with just the four of us has been a goal of mine for years and it finally happened!  Day 1 is always a long day of travel so this post will have fewer photos as I didn't take too many.  We met the girls at Newark Airport and had breakfast after we got through security. Our flight was slightly delayed but before we knew it, we were landing in beautiful Mexico.  

The Cancun Airport is crazy and chaotic but we found our car service pretty easily and they whisked us off to the resort (about a 25 minute drive).  We were greeted with champagne.  Vacation mode activated!
We stayed at the same resort that Mr. Click and I had stayed at last summer because we liked it so much and knew what to expect.
This time we stayed in swim up suites and I had my own kitty welcoming committee on our patio. I think Nessa sent me some friends.
We had lunch while we waited for our rooms to be ready then headed to the pool after settling into our rooms.   The rest of the afternoon was spent at the main pool.
Our dinner reservation was at 9:45pm(after being up since 4:00am-ish) so coffee was definitely needed later in the day.  I loved sitting out on our patio watching everyone walk by on their way to dinner.  
This view doesn't get old!
I wore my thrifted jumpsuit to dinner that night.  We decided to head over to dinner a little earlier than our reservation and they were able to seat us.   Yay!
We ate at Santa Fe and celebrated Mr. Click's birthday with some yummy desserts while everyone in the restaurant sang to him.  After dinner we were all exhausted and ready to head back to our rooms for the night.

Pin It

11 comments:

Carol On The Lake said...

Looks like you had a great time in a lovely place

Ann said...

What a great trip...and this is just the beginning! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your vacation :-)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, how nice to go to Mexico for a family vacation. The first day is always tough getting through the day. It looks like such a nice place and the cat is adorable. I love the thrifted jumpsuit and you look so nice in it. What a nice birthday celebration. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your vacation to Mexico!

Joanne said...

Oh that looks like a wonderful start to your vacation. What a pretty resort.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Carla from The River said...

Hi, you know I love your travel posts.. so I will soak up each one. I love that you were able to make your goal of having your sweet family have a holiday together!!
xx oo
Carla

Tamar SB said...

What a fun resort and bday get-a-way!

csuhpat1 said...

What a very cool time.

R's Rue said...

Looks lovely.

Hena Tayeb said...

What fun. The resort looks beautiful.

Barefoot by the Sea said...

LOVE that kitty welcoming committee!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails