Thursday, February 13, 2020

{Recipe} Everything Bagel Tofu

I am pretty obsessed with Everything Bagel Seasoning, so much so, that I buy it at Costco now in the bulk size.   
When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try.  Crispy sticks of tofu, coated in a crunchy seasoned topping.  Perfect for dipping!
Ingredients:
14 oz package extra firm tofu
Batter:
2 TBS flour
2 TBS cornstarch
2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup water
Breading:
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
3 TBS Everything Bagel Seasoning (I get mine at Costco)

To make:
  • Press tofu a tofu press or with some paper towels and heavy pans to get out as much of the liquid as possible.
  • Heat oven to 400 F.  Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
    • Mix the batter ingredients in a shallow bowl.

    • Mix the bread crumbs and bagel seasoning in another shallow bowl.


    • After the tofu has been pressed, cut into 1/2 inch fingers.


    • Dip fingers into the batter and then into the breading mixture, place on prepared baking sheet.
    • Spray with a little cooking spray (optional).


    • Bake at 400F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.  They are best right out of the oven but can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.

    I served mine with some vegan ranch on the side.
    Please follow me!
    Instagram @heather_ourlife 
    Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
    Pin It

    5 comments:

    Laura | Everyday Edits said...

    These look really good and I am picky about tofu based foods (my sister is a vegan so she has introduced me to tofu and she said it is all about the spices)!
    xo laura

    Love Of Quilts said...

    You made it look good. Hope it was. Let me know.

    Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

    This looks really interesting and healthy Heather. I bet tastes good too.

    Tamar SB said...

    Genius!! Sounds yum!

    R's Rue said...

    Yum. 😀

    Link Within

    Related Posts with Thumbnails