Thursday, November 4, 2010

{Getting Crafty} Chalkboard Vases

It almost seems silly to do a tutorial on these vases, they are so easy!
I saw this idea and thought it would be cute to make wine bottle vases,


 but when I discovered that chalkboard paint came in a spray paint, I decided to cover the entire bottle with it.  It seemed much quicker and easier to accomplish.

Some how I consumed happened upon a half dozen wine bottles.  Being the lazy type, I spray painted the whole bottle, label and all. 


I did two coats of paint.
I let them dry and followed the instructions on the can to cover the whole area with chalk and clean off before using them as chalk vases.  I bought one stem of sunflowers from Michael's to fill the vases so this whole project was tres cheap and packed a lot of punch on the food table.



 We were able to spell out her name for her birthday party.
I reused them on my spooky Halloween mantel like this.
The trick will be to work them into every holiday's decor...


theme button

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party!


Lovely Crafty Weekend
Pin It

19 comments:

Jingle said...

u r so creative,
love these.
beautiful creations.

Julie Harward said...

Thats a good idea..they look so cute and that will be fun to do for all the holidays! ;D

Kristen White said...

What a fabulous idea...very clever!
Kristen

Anonymous said...

fioricet prescriptionfioricet brand
Extremely, both rights sent several architecture visigoths, and urban science walls in landowner of trade.

myblueyez said...

Great idea! I love how you used those in your Halloween mantel display!

Life in Rehab said...

Very creative, and you got a giggle-snort out of me with the humor too!

Birgit K. said...

Great idea! Love them on the Halloween Mantel!

Jami said...

I love that you can change the words on them so easily. Chalk board paint is the best! Thanks for linking up to Theme Party Thursday!
-Jami

GREG said...

What a great idea, the creations are endless.Thanks for sharing.....Greg

Leah said...

Wow! It's amazing how the same vases can look spooky for halloween and sweet for a birthday party :)

Barbara said...

What a clever idea! This is so versatile! I am sure you will use these all year long.

Jami said...

I just featured you at Theme Party Thursday. Stop by and grab a button to show off!
-Jami

Anestazia said...

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that this project was being featured at Eccentric Delirium! It's not up yet, I have it scheduled to post in the morning, but I wanted to make sure I didn't forget to let you know! If you'd like a button, head on over for the code! :)

http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

NICOLE said...

I just came across your blog yesterday and I am already hooked! You have great ideas! I love your chalkboard bottle ideas! So cute! :) Thank you for sharing! I have a feeling that your blog and ideas are going to be a great inspiration for me! :) <3

Stephanie N said...

I just did this a couple days ago and it came out PERFECT! thank you so much for posting this! :D!!!

Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

These are awesome!! I hope you'll link up to my weekend linky party :)

Heather said...

love that you are changing them up for different holidays...been saving up wine bottles myself for a project -- thinking I may have to try this one.

Dusti said...

Love these and use them for each event. I posted about it on my blog (http://wanttogetcrafty.blogspot.com)

Jessica Kielman said...

Ooooh! I love yours! I am thinking now I want to do them in white too!

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails