Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Surprise Blooms-Christmas Cactus

I totally forgot about my two Christmas cacti (gifts for my daughter and me from the school librarian for our volunteer work last Christmas).  I've just watered it and let it be.  Houseplants don't always fare so well in my house. I put this one outside for the summer and then recently I noticed some buds on it!

  I brought it inside and was rewarded with these gorgeous blooms! 
It's even prettier than last year.
 In November!! 
The other one has started to bud as well.  What do you know?  Was it just beginners dumb luck or did I actually do something right?
Blogger Templates
Pin It

7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I don't know, I don't have good lick with plants..but this is very pretty! A little miracle! ;D

Life in Rehab said...

Gorgeous! There may be a trick to getting them to bloom where you are, so I'm sure you did everything just right!

Kathy said...

Beautiful, I got my mom one 2 years ago and it ceases to amaze us every year...beautiful

Chelsea said...

Wow, those are really pretty! Nice job not killing them! Seriously - I'm like the Grim Reaper to plants. :)

~Chelsea

Kristen White said...

How lucky for to get such beautiful blooms! I don't have a green thumb either so nothing is blooming in my house! LOL
Kristen

Sheila said...

You are a star in many things so I wouldn't doubt you in this case either! Simply beautiful! You must have done something right ;)

Joni said...

my grandmother received a christmas cactus as a gift from someone last year and i think they are so beautiful. i had never seen one until then.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails