Friday, November 19, 2010

{Remembering} Gingerbread House Party

Last year we hosted a gingerbread house party for my daughter and her friends.  We cheated a little and pre-made the houses out of graham crackers (much easier than gingerbread!)

The party happened to fall on Baby Nick's birthday so of course she made him a birthday hat and he had on his cozy sweater.  She's pointing out her Christmas tree earrings.

The girls cut paper snowflakes when they first arrived.

The table all set and ready for them to decorate the houses. I gave them each their own bowl of royal icing and a plastic knife.  We had all kinds of candy, mini marshmallows and gingerbread people.

They got very creative!



After serving lunch we had a hot chocolate bar.

We also did a pollyanna gift exchange.  This was a really fun and easy party!
Can we do it again this year Mom?
Linking up with:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend      wrap    up           party!
UndertheTableandDreaming
Pin It

15 comments:

Facing50Blog.com said...

This is a BRILLIANT idea. I wish my son were young enough for me copy the idea. Loved the photos. Oh by the way Hi from the Friday over 40 blog hop just in case you thought I was some random weirdo...well I am a random weirdo but one who found you on the blog hop :)

Nanny Anna said...

What a Lucky Daughter you have, she has such a great mither!

Anna
Http://IamNannyAnna.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Such cute little houses! Looks like it was a fun time!

Kristen White said...

This is such a wonderful idea...not only for kids but for adults too! Looks like everyone had a great time :o) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Kristen

Lisa said...

This is the cutest idea for a party! It brings back so many memories of decorating gingerbread houses in elementary school. I say every year that I want to do one and this would be really easy to do at home.

Life in Rehab said...

Awwwwwwww, how sweet! I know this year's will be even cooler.

Naila Moon of the Grey Wolf said...

What a fantastic idea! I will have to remember that when my grand-daughter gets older.
Peace...Naila Moon

Becca said...

That hot chocolate bar looks amazing! I LOVE hot chocolate :-) we had a gingerbread house party last year too - it was fun! :-)

Chelsea said...

What a fun party! I love making gingerbread houses... and then pretending I'm Godzilla and eating them. Rawr! :)

~Chelsea

Xmas Dolly said...

what a fun thing to do for the girls. Such a neat idea. I'm your latest follower from the over 40 club follow friday. Nice to meet you. Hope you can stop by me too maybe check out my give-aways or my meme Monday's Music Moves Me. It's tons of fun. Have a great weekend.

Fashion Meets Food said...

This looks like so much fun, and makes me remembering gingerbread decorating parties that I had with my sorority! Loving your blog... I am a new follower.

xo

Grace Matthews said...

If you do it again this year, Can I come?

Fellow Blog Hopper:)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

What a great idea for a party! Thanks for sharing.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is such a cute idea, Heather. I'm filing this one away for when my girls get older. Love it!

mo said...

Hi Heather,

What a wonderful party. I have never thought about this but it is a perfect party for bringing out everyones creativity and celebrating individuality. Very cool! I like it. Alot. *hugs*

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails