Friday, November 12, 2010

Turkey Pumpkin




What to do with pumpkins after Halloween?


I always keep one pumpkin un-carved so I can make turkey pumpkin.

Start with a pumpkin or a funkin.  I brought mine in and cleaned it up.

Make starter holes with a screwdriver and insert turkey feathers and head. I don't remember where I got this kit (sorry).  I'm sure a lot of you crafty types could make it yourself.

Take outside to spruce up your porch.  Sprinkle some leaves around your freshly swept porch to make it look more realistic.(ha!)

How are you decorating for Thanksgiving?

Linking up with:

 
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!
UndertheTableandDreaming
Pin It

9 comments:

Kristen White said...

This is so cute!!!!! I'll have to see if I can make my own version. Thanks for the great idea :o)
Kristen

detweilermom said...

Oh How Cute.

EmptyNester said...

What a cute Turkey!!! I'm a new follower from Over 40! You can find me here: http://emptynest1.blogspot.com/

Lindalou said...

So cute. Great use of your pumpkin. Nice transition to the next season.

Life in Rehab said...

Hey, Heather, there's a turkey party over at Someday Crafts! I think you and Mr. Featherbutt ought to enter.

http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/

Sheila said...

That is just too cute!!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Very cute!

I heart digi scrapping said...

Adorable Pumpkin Turkey! After Halloween our pumpkin in Florida started to rot.. so it is gone now. But, getting ready to pull out the canned pumpkin and start baking. Does that count? Cute blog.. new follower.. stop by and see me sometime.
www.iheartdigiscrapping.blogspot.com

Her Momma said...

what a great idea!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails