Tuesday, June 16, 2026

A Rainy Memorial Day Weekend at The Beach

 This was the rainiest Memorial Day weekend that I can remember.   We couldn't go in the pool or to the beach so here's what we did.
City Girl #2 came home for the weekend and we did some new head shots for her. I was rusty and hadn't shot with my new softbox umbrella beauty dish so it took my awhile to set up.  We got some good ones and I'll post them soon.
We took her to our favorite local French restaurant. They were having a Spritz and DJ set so of course we tried their Aperole Spritzes.
We drove her back to Brooklyn on Sunday since "Sunday Funday" was cancelled.
Mr. Click and I checked out a local brewery's tasting room.

We tried to go to the movies on Monday but of course everything was sold out.  We had a lazy day at home and took a walk at the beach that evening. Of course the skies were beautiful by then! 


Linking up:


Pin It

9 comments:

Carla from The River said...

What movie did you want to see?

I cannot wait to see your photos of CG#2!!! FUN!!!

Gina said...

Sounds like fun, even with the rain. I love finding new breweries, too. I am going to the coast next week and hoping the rain in South Central Texas will ease up!

Maria Rineer said...

I think many places experienced unpleasant weather that weekend, unfortunately. Monday was pretty nice, here, if I remember correctly but we had rain Friday- Sun. It looks like you made the most of the long weekend anyway- can’t do anything about the weather!!

Joanne said...

We had a real rainy weekend that weekend too but we didn't have many plans so we mostly just hung out at home.

Kim said...

It was rainy here, too. When the sun came out for a bit, we all ran outside for a walk...to find out that all our neighbors had the same idea!

mireille said...

Rainy but fun! I think ours was rainy too! We had a couple weeks of rain when school got out.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

MELODY JACOB said...

It is typical that the skies only decide to clear up and look beautiful right at the end of the long weekend, but you two definitely made the absolute best out of a total washout. Even with the pool and beach out of commission, a pretty fantastic backup plan includes squeezing in a French restaurant date with Aperol Spritzes, testing out a new beauty dish for headshots, and hitting a local brewery tasting room.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@ Mireille It sounds like most of us got that rain!

Joyce said...

Our Memorial Day weekend was a complete washout too, but honestly we needed the forced relaxation at home to catch up. We've had a busy spring. I love a French restaurant anytime : )

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails