I can't believe it's almost Easter. Can you?
I've got this very quick and easy project that can be used for any season or holiday theme.I found all of the supplies at Dollar Tree. I used plain white ceramic plates, paper napkins and Mod Podge.
I separated the backing from the front of the napkin.I placed the napkin down where I wanted it on the plate and then covered the whole plate again with Mod Podge.
I removed the excess napkin around the edges of the plate by gently pulling it off. It can also be gently sanded off after it dries.
I added a little more napkin to the plate to extend the image. I also made a small plate with another napkin.
Have you tried this method before? I'll be looking at fancy paper napkins to try it again!
Happy Easter, if you celebrate!
Pin It

15 comments:
This is so fabulous! I use Mod Podge in my art journaling but never thought to use it like this. These plates are beautiful!
https://www.kathrineeldridge.com
Isn't mod podge wonderful. I love your plate- it looks fabulous and to think you got all the supplies in the dollar store. Happy Easter.
I love that you mentioned separating the napkin backing first; if you skip that step, the whole thing usually bubbles up and ruins the design. The idea of gently sanding the edges after it dries is a great tip for getting that clean, professional finish. It is one of those relaxing crafts where you can just let your imagination run wild with different patterns for every season. I might have to start hunting for some "fancy" floral napkins myself now that the birds are finally singing outside.
They both look great! We have used modge podge and napkins on things like mason jars to make candle holders or vases and ornaments but not on plates before.
What a great project! Were the plates you used melamine or were they glass/ceramic? I will show this to my daughter. I'm sure she will want to try this when we're together!
Wow, these turned out so beautifully! Visiting from the Talking About it Tuesday link party.
These are pretty - I have done a similar thing with fabric. (: Happy Easter!
I love how easy this is, and the plates turned out beautifully. 🐣 Such a fun idea for Easter décor!
Heather, I've seen people doing this craft all over TikTok. Your bunny plates look so cute and perfect for Easter. I used to have a DT store in my neighborhood but for some reason they closed the store down. The store was always busy and I loved going there. I don't have a store near me anymore so I miss going it. We do have a lot dollar stores in our neighborhood but they are not as nice as Dollar Tree. I hope you have a happy Easter.
@Katherine Thank you! It's a fun way to use it!
@ Joanne. thank you so much! It was fun to get back into Mod Podge!
@Jennifer. Thank you and thanks for visiting!
@Maria Thank you! The plates are ceramic. It is such a fun craft. I hope you and your daughter try it out!
I love how they turned out. There are so many fun napkins out there, that you can make so many fun things with Mod Podge.
I had to smile, I posted a craft using Mod Podge today. ;-)
Just so cute.
Post a Comment