Friday, March 27, 2026

{Recipe} Mayak Eggs - Korean Marinated Eggs

Here's another TikTok inspired recipe that I obsessed over until I tried it.
I had never heard of Mayak eggs until I saw this TikTok.


After watching this video of course my feed was full of other Mayak Egg recipes. The recipe is a simple marinade and produces flavorful, deliciously different eggs.   The Korean name for this dish translates to "drug eggs", that's how addictive they are!
They are definitely crave worthy! I started mine by soft boiling some eggs which is the traditional method.  I put them in an ice bath for easier shell removal after cooking.
I didn't have an actual recipe but crafted one from the videos I had seen
For the marinade:
half soy sauce/half water (about 1/2 cup of each)
green onions 2-3 whole  (you can also use some white onion)
garlic 2-3 cloves, crushed
sweetener (I used 2 tsp coconut sugar -but I didn't want mine to be sweet, traditionally you'd use 1/4 cup of honey)
chili flakes or chili crunch (or diced chili peppers)
sesame seeds- a few tablespoons
Mix the marinade together, add the eggs and marinate overnight or longer in an airtight container in the fridge.
Enjoy the eggs on their own also over rice or noodles.
They recommended Japanese mayo and crispy fried onions on top. I just used regular mayo.  
You can reuse the marinade a few more times. The second time I made them, I hard boiled my eggs and I preferred them that way.  

My mouth is watering just looking at these photos. I need to make some more ASAP!

Linking up:
Talking About it Tuesday



 

Pin It

7 comments:

R's Rue said...

Looks delicious.

Ann said...

Just in time for Easter !!!

Gina said...

This looks like a fun thing to try!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Yum! Will share on a Weekend Edit. Off to see your costco haul!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Our costco finds are similar! I get the Oikos and my husband is trying non alcoholic beer. I saw your Instagram moving truck services! That is impressive to drive into city with a truck! ha!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

This looks like an interesting way to eat eggs. You can find such interesting recipes on Tiktok!

Carla from The River said...

You are a brave girl to try it ... thank you for sharing that it is delicious. You did great on the tutorial for the blog too.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails