We celebrated City Girl #1's birthday in NYC on one of the coldest days of the year.
Pin It
We were warned via the family group text to be prepared so I was bundled up for the trip.
On the train! We got into Penn Station a little early and got some coffee. We also walked over to Old Navy to look for mittens for me because I was having a hard time getting my glove over my wrist brace (we didn't find any but it was ok-we figured it out).
We met up with the girls at the theatre.
We'd heard lots of good things but I didn't have any idea what the show was about. It was fun to see Darren Criss in one of the lead roles!
We had some time before our dinner reservation so we stopped in at Junglebird for a drink. Mine was called a Hot Blooded and it had apple brandy, spiced run, peach liqueur, black tea & turmeric butter. It definitely warmed me up.
We had a really good dinner at Cucina Alba. We ordered a lot of different things and shared it all.
Of course we had to get some dessert to celebrate the birthday girl! We ubered back to Penn Station, did a little shopping while we waited for our train and were home by 11pm. It was a great night!!

14 comments:
What a great day celebrating your girl! It sounds like she had a wonderful celebration. How neat to be a train ride away from the city! It was freezing when we were in NYC in early December (and that wasn't even winter yet!!). The show sounds good as does sharing a bunch of Italian food. Have a great weekend!
This is so great that you can go into the city for a fun evening out. That turmeric drink sounds amazing. You guys are so cute and always look like you are having fun. (:
That sounds like a wonderful day of celebration!
Beautiful blog
Please read my post
Thank you! We are lucky to be able to take a train into the city whenever we want to. It was so brutally cold!! It was a fun night. Thanks for coming along!
Thank you. It was a great night!
Thank you!
What a fun time celebrating your daughter's birthday. I have not heard about that show and the dinner sounded like a lot of fun.
What a great birthday for your daughter - and your family. So much fun! Great that you can take the train and be home quickly.
Hi, oh that drink.. that sounds very good indeed. I need a warm drink today. It is cold and windy here after our blizzard.
Happy Birthday to your girl.
xo
Carla
Looks like so much fun. I hope you received my letter. Hugs. xx.
Happy Birthday Heather. Glad you had such a good time to celebrate your birthday. Saw your post about it at Talking about it Tues. I shared there too (42, 43, and 44). Enjoy today and be well.
Happy Birthday to her. It has gotten so cold again. I am not happy.
Post a Comment