Friday, February 28, 2025

{Recipe} Viral Date Snickers Bark

 Here's another in my series of "Tiktok made me do it" posts.

I kept seeing people make this healthier Snickers treat and just had to try it myself.
I didn't use an exact recipe but got the general gist of the recipe and gathered my supplies.
Recipe:
Soft Medjool Dates-I used the Trader Joe's pitted date for extra laziness
Drippy Peanut butter-I used Kirkland brand
Chocolate chips-I used semi sweet
Peanuts-chopped (I used salted)
Flaky salt (optional)
To make:
  • Split the dates in half and remove pit (if applicable). Press dates onto a wax paper lined tray and place right next to each other.  I used 16 dates.
  • Cover with waxed paper and press down to make sure the dates are touching each other and flattened out.  I used a rolling pin to press the dates out.
  • Pour peanut butter over the dates and spread to cover. I didn't measure but I'd say I used about 2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter.
  • Melt chocolate chips and pour over the peanut butter layer. Spread to cover all of the dates. I used about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
  • Some people added a sprinkle of flaky salt here but I left that out because the peanuts were salted but I think the added salt would have been just fine.
  • Sprinkle the peanuts over the chocolate.  
  • Freeze or refrigerate until chocolate has firmed up.
  • Cut into squares. I keep mine in the fridge.
Enjoy a healthy-ish Snickers like treat!

Love Dates? 
Check out these past favorites!

Please follow me! 



Pin It

15 comments:

csuhpat1 said...

That looks so really good.

R's Rue said...

Yum.

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh WOW, this looks SO good! And not super hard to make.

Allie of
www.allienyc.com

Tamar SB said...

Wow that sounds divine!!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Heather, I've seen this all over social media and it looks like a nice snack and healthier than a snickers bar. I like that you can take small pieces of it. Thanks for sharing the recipe to make it.

Gina said...

I love dates so much - how could this be anything less than wonderful...I am adding it to my list of things to do.

Carla from The River said...

YUM!!! I have all the ingredients. :-)

Andrea Nine said...

I’m so happy to see a fellow date lover! I make these all the time. I even included them one year on my Christmas trays. You do know the story about how eating a date a day helped lower my total cholesterol? It worked for about three years but now it’s creeping back up again, despite still eating a date a day, lol.

Ann said...

OOOH...looks great - and my husband loves Snickers, so I will try this soon!

Hena Tayeb said...

I have made both the bark and individual stuffed dates as well and everyone loves them.

Maria Rineer said...

These look so good! I'm not on TT so I need a more old fashioned way to receive the viral TT trends (though one of my daughters keeps me informed of some TT trends when I see her!). You could even sub lower sugar chocolate chips though that would make them taste less like Snickers.

Joanne said...

I don't think I've ever eaten dates before but these look delicious!

Slabs said...

Have seen this viral recipe as well, and maybe I should make some for the grandkids for this weekend. Saw this awesome post at Talking About it Tuesdays
My entries this week, 47+48
Please share with SSPS: https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

Doused in Pink | Chicago Style Blog said...

These sound and look delicious! I'm going to try making them!

Jill - Doused in Pink

Nancy Andres at Colors 4 Health said...

Looks and sounds amazing. Saw it being featured at SSPS#351. My posts are #50 thru 54. I look forward to reading many of the posts and learning about what other bloggers find interesting and/or fun. Nancy Andres @ Colors 4 Health.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails