Monday, February 3, 2025

Good BYE January!

January is always a tough month but this year it seemed tougher than ever.  We did have some bright spots that got us through.
Like getting to cat sit our grandkitty-son Apollo for 2 weeks.
City Girl was in South Africa for a class so we got lots of Apollo time at our house.
She was enjoying the beautiful scenery and weather in Cape Town.

While we were enduring the polar vortex, snow, ice and gale force winds for days on end.
Willow did not approve of the house guest and was constantly on guard. We kept them separated but she still knew he was here.
He really enjoyed the fireplace!

A cute new bakery opened in town and we tried their coffee. I want to go back for some of their pastries!
Of course I had to make a big batch of my Slow Cooker Taco Soup {Vegan}.
I made another batch of Chocolate Covered Protein Bars. Recipe coming soon!
I was happy if I could get out for a walk, even in the cold. As long as it wasn't icy, I would get out there.
Being able to walk to the water to calm myself never gets old!  I was so happy to see February!

Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:
Good Random Fun



 

Pin It

13 comments:

Andrea Nine said...

Your grand kitty is so stinking cute! Yes, glad we survived that polar vortex. Your protein bars look wonderful and isn’t it fun to get new pastry and coffee shops! Just love it. Happy Monday and girl I saw your comment, you just link up with us anytime you want!

Carla from The River said...

Happy February... and hopefully warmer temps.
I am excited for the protein bar recipe. :-) They look yummy!
Sam and Cate got two kittens. Joey and Jane. :-)
xx oo
Carla

csuhpat1 said...

A very nice view of the ocean.

R's Rue said...

Love the ocean.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Benita James said...

Happy New Month, the protein bar looks really good.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...


Apollo is so adorable and how nice your daughter got to travel to South Africa! January was way too cold and I'm glad we are in February and looking forward to a warmer month. I love going to coffee shops and the soup looks perfect for cold weather. Happy February and stay warm.

Ann said...

Hope you have a great February - that soup looks amazing. Freezing rain tomorrow so that might be on our menu!

Joanne said...

That sounds like you really made the best of a long, cold month. I sure hope your daughter had a great time on her trip!

Memphis Bridges said...

It looks like you won at January with some good things in a cold month! Those protein bars look good. Have a good week!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Great ideas toget thru january heather! I want the energy bar recipe!!!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Apollo is adorable. I love when we take care of our grand cat! Your taco soup looks delicious.

Gina said...

What pretty kitties! Like you, I am happy that January is over. Nothing terrible happened, but nothing great, either! I'm ready for spring.

Tamar SB said...

How fun to grandkitty sit!!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails