Tuesday, February 18, 2025

Birthday Brunch & Shopping in Brooklyn

 We celebrated City Girl #1's birthday in Brooklyn. We had dinner plans but with a big snow/ice storm coming in, we changed our reservations to brunch at the same restaurant.

I dressed in layers for the chilly day and had my Uniqulo HeatTech leggings on as an added layer.
We stopped to get her some flowers and then headed to Brooklyn. We didn't hit any traffic (when does that happen?!) and got there early so we stopped in at our new favorite coffeehouse -The West Brooklyn to kill some time.  
We picked up each of the girls and drove to Rosticceria Evelina. We lucked out with parking right in front of the restaurant!  We had a delightful brunch and nice time together. I got the avocado toast and home fries. Yum!
We took City Girl to one of her favorite yarn shops in Brooklyn.
It was so pretty and I had to touch a lot of the yarn.
I thought this loom was so cool!  We treated to her some yarn to make another sweater (she is a master knitter!).
City Girl #2 was ready to go home so we dropped her off and went back to CG's apartment.  I helped her arrange the flowers-she didn't have a vase so we improvised a water bottle.  Mr Click fixed a few things in her apartment for her (Handyman Dad to the rescue!) and got to see her kitty Apollo.
We were too full after brunch for dessert, but later we treated ourselves to some cannolis to take home at an Italian bakery.  We wanted to get home before the snow started and she had homework to do so we had to say our goodbyes after the bakery.  Happy Birthday to my first baby! xo






Pin It

9 comments:

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice. And a Happy Blessed Birthday to her.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had a nice birthday celebration in Brooklyn. I love the coffee shops in Willamsburgh. Happy belated birthday to your daughter.

Joanne said...

That sounds like a lovely and very yummy birthday celebration!

Ann said...

What a lovely way to celebrate a special day - and glad you got home before the weather!

Memphis Bridges said...

That is such a cute outfit! I'm glad y'all had a good birthday brunch and a fun shopping outing.

Gina said...

Love your cute and comfy looking outfit and what a great lunch. I would have touched all of the yarn, too. (:

R's Rue said...

I love seeing these days.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Carla from The River said...

A special day for you all... I love that "handyman dad".
I love to touch yarn too. ;-)
Carla

Sakuranko said...

Oh very good style sweetheart

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails