These bars are a spot on copycat of Coconut Cream Larabars, so if you're a fan of them or coconut in general stick around.
Ingredients:
15 Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw cashews
3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 TBS coconut oil
2 TBS water
To make:
- Process almonds, cashews and coconut in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add dates, oil and water. Process until a dough forms.
- It should hold together if you pull some out with your hand to check that it's ready.
- I like using a loaf pan for my bars. Line with parchment paper and place dough mixture into pan. You can also use an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Press down mixture with your hands to pack it in well. I use this roller to help get it evenly pressed down.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to set the bars. Cut and wrap individually or store in an airtight container.
- They should last a few weeks in the fridge (if you can keep them around that long). They make a good snack, healthy dessert or even breakfast on the go!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Facebook @ourlifeinclick
Pin It









5 comments:
Yum!! I love that roller!!
I haven't made nut and date based bars/balls in ages -- been on a pb oat kick!
These look and sound so good Heather!!! :)
Another recipe .. yummy. Thank you, Heather! I pinned.
Yes! These look delicious! Huge coconut fan here - I just need some of those fancy tools you have. You look like a pro!
Whoo these look so tasty Heather. I could just try one :) Thanks for linking up at The Wednesday Blog Hop.
Post a Comment