Thursday, February 6, 2025

{Recipe} Chocolate Covered Protein Bars

 It seemed like these bars were popular from my last post and I made another batch yesterday so I could share the recipe and photos with you.

Ingredients:
{For the bars}
1/2 - 1 cup runny natural peanut butter
1/2 cup protein powder of choice
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup chocolate chips
Optional: pure vanilla extract 1/2-1 tsp
{For the topping}
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
Flaky salt

To make:
  • Mix peanut butter, protein powder, almond flour, maple syrup and optional vanilla extract in a bowl.  My peanut butter was near the end so it wasn't too runny. (I had to add a little soy milk to the batter but if the peanut butter is super runny, you shouldn't need to)
  • Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips and stir to combine
  • Press mixture into a parchment lined baking dish. I used a 6 x 9 inch pan.
  • Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tsp of coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute and check to see how melted it is. Keep microwaving at 30 second increments until mostly melted.  Stir to melt the remaining pieces.
  • Spread the melted chocolate over the mixture in the pan. Smooth with the back of a spoon
  • Optional but highly recommended! Sprinkle some flaky salt over the chocolate before chilling
  • Once chilled thoroughly in the fridge for a few hours, remove and cut into little bite sized bars.  I like a pizza cutter for this but a regular sharp knife works as well.

  • Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!



Pin It

10 comments:

Ann said...

Yummy - looks like healthy TastyKake Tandy Kakes!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

These look so good and healthy. I like the ingredients and it looks pretty easy to make, I will give it a try.

R's Rue said...

Looks yummy.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Carla from The River said...

Thank YOU!!! YUM!!

Joanne said...

These sound delicious! I have never used protein powder; do you have a favorite?

Andrea Nine said...

Aren’t these the best! This is almost identical to my recipe. The only difference is I use coconut flour. I add hemp seeds and instead of maple syrup. It’s more coconut oil in the bars themselves, but I think I’m definitely going to try maple syrup!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...


Thanks for sharing this recipe. It sounds easy and delicious.

csuhpat1 said...

I might have to try it. Looks yummy.

Tamar SB said...

Oh those sound good!

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh yum! These look fantastic.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails