Thursday, May 16, 2024

{Travel} Riviera Maya Mexico Trip~Day 1

Mr. Click and I had a trip planned to Mexico in November. After we made an offer on our new house, we decided our time would be better served getting our current house ready for sale. The trip was postponed but we got to take it in April.  

This time we tried a new resort called Margaritaville Island Reserve Riviera Maya - Adults Only.  

Here I am figuring out my travel outfit. These were my options and I'm glad I went with my new olive pants from Costco.  They were perfect for traveling.
When we got to the resort they gave us margarita flavored popsicles (they melted very quickly but were a nice touch!)
The resort smelled lovely and had a gorgeous indoor/outdoor vibe.
I loved the convenience of having our room key on a bracelet.
Our room wasn't ready so we went to lunch and had to try the 'tin can nachos'(watch video to see).
Mr. Click got a "cheeseburger in paradise" at Landshark Brewery & Grill.  
We checked into our room and settled in. I loved how light and bright it was.

We had our own little margarita making station and some homemade chocolate treats.
This bathroom had a fantastic shower!  The theming was very aquatic, there were even mermaid tail faucets.
We opted for a garden room that was super lush and private. I appreciated the clever details like this drying rack.
It was such a peaceful place to hang out for morning coffee or a book on the hammock.
But we had pool plans so we did a quick change and headed to the pool.
First we made a quick stop at Joe Merchant's.  It's a convenience store and coffee shop all in one. Instead of a mini bar in our room, we had points to spend at the store (coffee and food from the coffee shop were free).
It was later in the day and it looked like we had the place to ourselves.
There actually were a few people enjoying the pool with us.
All dressed for dinner!
We had dinner and afterwards we walked around the resort as it got super windy. 
We called it an early night.  Travel day is always exhausting!

Pin It

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That shower tile!!!!
What a fun start to your trip!!

Ann said...

oh. this looks wonderful. we are big parrotheads - jimmy buffett fans - and will have to put this place on our list. can't wait to see the next post.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I’m working on a secret project. Could you send me a postcard or small trinket that describes your home state? I hope you’re having a great day.

Joanne said...

Oh that looks like such a wonderful getaway!

Carla from The River said...

I always like traveling with you. :-)

csuhpat1 said...

What a super cool time. Very nice.

Hena Tayeb said...

Ooh.. everything looks so good. We don't have a vacation planned till August.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How nice to get away with your husband to Mexico. I know you both needed that vacation. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

hI HEATHER
What a great quick trip! A guacamole class sounds fun! We are in Ireland/Scottland/London this week! Took the family on this one and the little one is busy with NYC rental updates! sniff. sniff (but we are really excited for him). xo laura

Debra | Gma'sPhoto said...

Beautiful pictures. What is the temperature in Mexico in April?!
Take care and best wishes.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails