You may have noticed I haven't been blogging as consistently lately or been around as much. It's because we've been extra busy....
We bought a house! In another state (about an hour away)! Before we sold our current house! It's been a whirlwind and we haven't moved yet but it's getting close.We've been working on the new house to get it move-in ready. That started with repainting the whole house.
My brain couldn't handle too many more decisions so I chose Simply White by Benjamin Moore (but used Behr paint from Home Depot) for the entire house. It's a warm white even though it looks super white on the paint fan.
We had the ceilings removed starting on day 1. What a mess!
The start of the paint going on in the dining area.We've spent many hours at the new place and "picnic" there frequently.We chose LVP luxury vinyl planks for those spaces. The floors are Lifeproof Sundance Canyon Hickory from Home Depot.
Office (BEFORE)
What a difference paint and flooring make!We also had the upstairs floor refinished. They had been painted with a faux finish(left photo) which we didn't like. I love how the floors came out.

Pin It
We had to strip some wallpaper from the upstairs hallway. Another huge mess and a lot of work but worth it.
Meanwhile back at our current house this was going on. The house was under contract (yay!)and the home inspection revealed that the pipes from the house to the street had to be cleaned out and replaced (boo! $$$). Then we got 24 hours of heavy rain.
The For Sale sign was updated, getting exciting! We've been majorly cleaning, decluttering, donating, selling, recycling, and shredding (on repeat)! We are downsizing and it's painful but I'm glad we are going through everything now.We went through so many boxes of old documents and receipts and got them down to two legal boxes. We took them to get shredded and it was so satisfying. Needless to say we've been really really busy but looking forward to being in ONE smaller house soon.
I got a new "do" and I'm loving the shorter length. I hope to have more new house posts soon. I hope you'll stick around for our latest adventure!
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife

12 comments:
I took pictures of your floors =). We are planning to do our downstairs (which is a mixture of hardwood and old carpet and hubby and I are trying to figure out something we both like. Loving your LVP color choice.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com
How nice to get a fresh start on making a new home! Congratulations!
Yay! Congratulations! The new house is looking fabulous.
Heather, congrats on the new house! It's a lot of work packing up and doing all of the renovations to the new one. You look great with your new hair cut. :) Good luck with everything!
Congrats on the new house. Hope everything goes ok. Good Luck.
Congratulations my dear friend. Thank you for the update. I am so excited for you and your family. I cannot wait to see and hear more!!
Carla
Congratulations ! What an adventure...downsizing is stressful but SO worth it! Love your LVP, too. The machines are still drying out our hardwood floors and if we have to replace the entire floor LVP is an option! Stay calm, enjoy your picnics, and have fun on your new adventure!!!
Congrats on the new house. Good luck with all the moving and unpacking.
So exciting!!!!!!
Congratulations
Happy Friday.
OMG ! Emailing you now! xo laura
Post a Comment