Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Tiny Updates-Big Impact: Basement Banisters & Cabinet

This was one of the quickest DIY's we've done and it's made such a big impact (to us at least!).  After our flood last year and updating our basement flooring, we wanted to give the banisters and snack center cabinet a little makeover too.
We had painted our main staircase banister back in 2016 and knew we loved the look.

I unknowingly picked the exact same black paint color from Lowe's-- Tricorn Black--for the basement. Sometimes it's good to have this blog to look back on things!  I barely got a before picture before Mr. Click had removed the top railing and prepped the staircase.
We LOVE it!
I didn't even take a BEFORE shot of the snack center but I had one from this post when we updated our light fixture.
Here's the AFTER!  The oak was looking a little dated and now it's fresh and chic.
Again, what took us so long--all it took was a quart of paint and a few hours on a Saturday.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 
Facebook @ourlifeinclick

Linking up:
Pin It

8 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love how the black paint looks on the railings and the cabinet. It's a nice updated look Heather.

csuhpat1 said...

Looks so very nice.

Carla from The River said...

Perfect!!! It is amazing how the little things can make a big difference.
:-)

Tamar SB said...

It turned out great!!

Ann said...

Isn't paint amazing ? Your stairs and cabinets look so good. I am tempted to paint our bathroom cabinets. Hope you have a great weekend!

Andrea Nine said...

Oh Heather, it looks so good and luxe! I love it.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Love it! Love it! I remember when you painted your staircase. We are talking about doing that too. I might paint our bathroom cabinets because when we go the new vinyl flooring it wiped out the master bath budget!

Ha! laura

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks terrific. Paint is magic!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails