Monday, December 12, 2016

Painting the Banister Black

We've been on a painting roll lately.  Since doing the family room built-ins and the kitchen cabinets, we decided that the staircase banister could also use a makeover.
This is a 'before' shot, and it's not the best representation of how the wood looked but it's the best one I've got.  We wanted to paint the worn out oak and chose black as the color to update it.
Who knew there were so many blacks to choose from?   We picked up a quart of Tricorn Black Olympic satin enamel at Lowes (out of a staggering array of black swatches).
I didn't help with this project at all. It was all Mr. Click.  First he primed the wood with the same oil based primer we had used on our other projects.  It's smelly but durable and stain blocking.
I didn't get any work-in-progress pics so here's the 'after'.
Ooh-la-la!!
I'm amazed (again) at how a small change can make such a big difference!
Let's keep in touch!
Pin It

6 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I LOVE THIS! I NEED TO DO THIS OR SOMETHING SIMILAR! Years ago, we got water stains all over the wood and I think this would do the trick to conceal! Hope you had a great weekend my friend! Looks like you were doing a lot!

Tamar SB said...

Looks so great! Love how you did it with the tree all trimmed!

Carla from The River said...

Hi Heather! Wow!! It looks great. I love your tree too!!

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

Love this! I have a list of projects for January. I am most impressed you are taking these big projects on during the holidays!!! laura

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Heather, so sorry I have not had too much time to visit you!! :(
I love how you painted the banister black. It's look great and you won't see any finger prints now. Thanks for sharing this at C&C with J&J.
Enjoy the holidays.
Hugs, Julie xo

Jessica Pelasky said...

Wow...this looks so great!

I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails