Friday, December 23, 2011

Wish Granted - Shedding Light

I don't know if you've ever noticed my Wish List section here on el bloggo. It's on the lower right corner.
Some wishes are big, like this mountain lake that I've had my eye on and some are more reasonable like the light conversion kit from Ballard Designs with drum shade.
I've wanted to put one over our snack center in the basement for awhile.
Here's a photo during construction.  
There's a recessed light right over the area that was screaming for a re-do.
Our wish was granted when I got a 15% off coupon from Ballard back in early November.   
I decided on the red shade to add a little splash of color to the very neutral basement.
Of course the darn thing was back ordered until mid December and I forgot all about it until a huge box showed up at our front door.
Yay!!
My husband put it up in less than 5 minutes, no tools required! 
I love it! Now I think that wall needs a lil' somethin' somethin'.
What do you think?

Linking up with:
Pin It

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Nice light! I love drum shades! I'm really wanting one for over our dining room table.

Jamie said...

OooOOOOoooOO Very nice! And the lamp adds a wonderful touch!

I'm a new follower from the Hop Along Friday hop. Please feel free to come by my blog sometime, and if you like, follow me back.

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

LV said...

The light really made a difference. Great idea and job.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails