Tuesday, February 22, 2022

{Recipe} Almond Flour Applesauce Muffins

  I had a jar of applesauce languishing in the fridge and a big bag of almond flour that I'm trying to use up and I found this recipe for muffins.  I adjusted it to make it vegan.

Ingredients:
1 cup of applesauce (I used unsweetened)
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon+ extra for top
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 apple, diced

To make:
  • Preheat oven to 350ºF
  • Line muffin tin with liners (or use silicone)
  • Mix wet ingredients in large bowl-applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla &vinegar
  • Add almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Stir combine
  • Fold in diced apple
  • Scoop 3/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon
  • Bake for 25-35 minutes or until tops are golden brown
Because I left out the eggs and oil and increased the amount of applesauce, these did not hold together as well as traditional muffins but they firmed up in the fridge and were really tasty!  College Girl made the original recipe as written with chocolate chips and said they turned out great as well! Options!


Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick 

Pin It

12 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love muffins and this looks like a muffin recipe I'd love to try. Thanks for the recipe Heather.

Tamar SB said...

Those sound delicious!

Samyuktha Semi Jayaprakash said...

Looks yum! How do you balance the sweetness though?

R's Rue said...

I love a muffin. Looks so delicious.

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Mmm, might try that!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Andrea Nine said...

I need this muffin right now this morning with my coffee! Can you bring the muffins and I’ll make Java or tea, whichever you prefer.

Mariann Yip said...

It looks so yummy. I must try this as soon as possible.

Love: Mariann Yip
https://www.mariannyc.com/falling-in-love-with-windjammer-landing/

Carla from The River said...

Yum!
Did you try the banana milk?

Creations By Cindy said...

DANG, those look too pretty to eat! I bet the applesauce made them moist too. YUM! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Yum! These look and sound great! laura

Joanne said...

They sound nice and healthy!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails