We hosted our 4th Annual Chili Cook Off a few weeks ago. We usually have it on Halloween but since we were in Edinburgh this year, we had to reschedule. The weekend before Super Bowl seemed like a perfect time.
We worked on new ballots this year to make the voting less complicated.Mr. Click devised this system and it seemed to work well. We're always tweaking the system and trying to make it the most fair voting system it can be.
The house was all set up and ready for our guests. It's a relatively easy party to throw because your guests help supply the food. I made corn bread muffins and had the rest of the fixings ready to go (cheese, chips, sour cream). I also served a few snacks and made brownies for dessert.
The tasting and voting begins!
Our 2019 winners!! Woo hoo! After voting, we enjoyed more chili (of course!) and played a few hours of Quiplash. Our stomachs hurt from laughing so much.
I had fun decorating the 'trophies' this year with some Dollar Tree pom poms (the wooden spoons are from DT too). It's all in good fun and it was another successful cook off! We had some really creative chilis to pick from: pizza chili (with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese), blackened mesquite chicken and sausage chili, barbecue chicken chili, traditional beef chili and three vegetarian entries as well.
Please follow me!
Instagram @heather_ourlife
Twitter @ourlifeinaclick
Pin It








10 comments:
Hi Heather, oh that sounds like such a fun idea for a party! I bet all of the chili was delicious. Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J!!
You guys know how to have some serious fun! I just love chili so this would be such a fun taste testing adventure and makes for such a great night!
Heather Lou, you do the most fun things and parties! I love the measuring spook idea. How clever. My man loves chili and likes it spicy. I love the spice too but have to be careful with it. I just adore the pictures. How much fun! Hugs and blessings to you dear friend.
Cindy
What a fun event to have!! Love those spoons!
Looks like a fun party Heather. Love the trophies :)
Thanks for stopping by.
Okay i love this annual party and I LOVE the trophies! What a fun idea! I just flew back from Knoxville to visit my sister! IT's cold in CO! Chili sounds good! My sister is a vegan and I thought of you Heather! I was starving, but I thought of you! xo laura please let me know if you can reply to this comment. laura
Pizza Chili!! Yum!
This looks like so much fun. You do have the best parties.
Looks and sounds fun.. cute spoon awards!!
http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com
I just love the, "Does this Chili Make Me Look Hot" too cute. This is so fun and I love seeing the pics from the fun party! Do you think you'll switch it to a Winter party from now on? Great way to break up those doldrums!
How fun! What a great way to spend together with friends.
Post a Comment