Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Disney Trip '11 {Day 3-Part 1}Off To See The Wizard(ing World of Harry Potter)

After our arrival day followed by our challenging spa and park day we got to sleep in a bit and have a relaxing morning (my daughter breakfasting on the balcony)before heading over to Universal Studios.  Yes, we went over to the "Dark Side", leaving Disney property--which we'd never done. Only one thing could lure us away from our beloved Mickey...
Another cutie, named Harry.
Walking into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, really felt like we were entering Hogsmeade
and Hogwarts.
We went right for the Forbidden Journey ride and even though I knew I couldn't ride it (lots of warnings for motion sickness!), I still got to walk along the inside of the castle and see all the props and pre-ride entertainment.
It was also nice for my family because they didn't have to stow their bags in the lockers, absolutely NO bags allowed of any kind.
I got to wait for them (and their bags) at the exit of the ride but I was also able to see them getting on the ride. Which they LOVED!!! 

After the ride we got in line to get some Butterbeer.
It was so good, kind of like a creamy butterscotch milkshake.
It was really refreshing on the very hot day!
There was so much to see,
I couldn't stop snapping photos.

You can tell that they really put a lot of work and detail into every bit of this park.
You could even hear Moaning Myrtle in the rest rooms!
Honeydukes was a fun store full of sweets.
Aren't these bottles of pumpkin juice cute? 
Wish I had bought a few to use in my fall decorating.
Honeydukes was attached to the joke shop,
Hubs just informed me that it's called Zonko's (he knows his Potter!)
It was a treat for the eyes in there!
We loved the whole place!
But there were more adventures to be had so off we went to explore more of Universal.
to be continued..
Linking up with:
Pin It

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a kid, and never to Disneyworld! Your pics are great, Harry Potter will definitely be on the must see list when we go!

New follower from Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop hosted my MomsReview4You!

Thanks
Kendra
http://flowerhazard.com

Sourkraut said...

Love it! Great pictures too. I'll be going there next month and can't wait. Quick question, did you take a fancy DSLR camera or just a point and shoot? I ask because I'm debating whether or not it will be too much of a hassle to drag my big camera around even though I want to be sure to get fantastic shots like yours of the beautiful park.

Blog Hops Everyday said...

Hello
I am a new follower. Please stop by and check out our new blog Blog Hops Everyday. Feel free to add your blog hop button if you have one and/or add our button to your site to help us grow. Thank you and Blog Hop Till You Drop!

Bobby
Your One Stop Blog Hop Shop
Blog Hops Everyday
A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing

Shauna Nosler said...

Umm WOW you really did take a lot of pictures ... I didn't know there was a HP thing there now- how cool! Stopping in to follow from the Wednesday hop. Hope you can visit soon and return the favor. www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails