Monday, October 3, 2011

Disney Trip '11 {Day 2} A "Challenging Day at the Spa"

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
Day 2 started very early with most of our party competing in their own designed 4-Park Challenge. The dads and younger kids vs the older girls.  It had been in the works for awhile. I woke up just in time to snap a quick pic of this team in the early morning haze.
It wasn't really hazy, it was just my camera reacting to the change in temperature again (but it sure was early!)
 The other team was not available for photos that morning.  They might have been intimidated by this group.
Here's a shot of them from another evening(don't worry, all will be explained in the days to come).

I enjoyed some quiet time in my room...
soaking up all the Grand Floridian has to offer. 
I had a sumptuous room quick service breakfast and relaxed before my strenuous spa appointment.
My sister and I enjoyed our morning at the spa while receiving update texts from the dads about their progress. The challenge was to go on three major rides or attractions at each park and see which team could finish first. It sounded exhausting!
After our spa treatments we had lunch at the lovely Grand Floridian Cafe.
As we were finishing up lunch we got a text that the dads/younger kids team was on their way back to the hotel.  Victorious!!! Sore feet and all!!
We enjoyed some down time at the pool and water slide.
That night we had dinner in Epcot at La Hacienda de San Angel.
Love the decor!
We also ate there on our last visit, you can read all about it here.
The gorgeous view out of the window at the restaurant.
Another sweet treat awaited us back in our comfy beds.
Want to read about Day 1 of our Disney adventure, click here.

Linking up with:
Pin It

5 comments:

Mama Hen said...

It sounds like a fabulous time! That slide looks really fun! I would love a spa morning! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Love Of Quilts said...

A challenging day at the spa...lol when I read this I got a laugh. It's a tough job, but I'll be glad to do it.

What good photos, looks like you all really had a great time.. Its so good to get away now and then. Trish

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, it is such a rough life. I love Epcot. It is like traveling the world.

Kim @ The Sasse Life said...

Looks like a lot of fun!
New follower,
Kim
www.thesasselife.com

Renee@LivingLaughingLoving said...

3 Rides at each park?? Wowsa! That does sound exhausting, but I guess thats a perk of having older kiddos!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails