Thursday, September 30, 2010

{What's for Dinner} Dad's BBQ Chicken

I don't like regular bottled barbecue sauce so I make this version that my dad always made for us.  He would grill all year 'round and I can picture him out on the deck with an umbrella, grilling in the rain some days.

I make my own marinade/barbecue sauce
 The ingredients need to be warmed up and whisked together until they thicken up.

It has to cool off before it goes on the chicken.
I prep the chicken by removing the skin.

The chicken goes in a large Tupperware bowl and the marinade goes on.

I usually marinate it over night in the fridge.

Then it's ready to hit the grill.




It can get pretty smokey.

Time for a sample.
I always make a big batch so we can freeze some for later. 

It's great hot, cold or at room temperature.

Blogger Templates
Pin It

7 comments:

katskraps4kids said...

I am just drooling now....It really looks so good! If I could find a place that made this stuff around here- I'd be there every week! & how smart to make enough to freeze. I always get a craving for soemthing & don't have time to make it so that is a really good idea!

Julie Harward said...

I like home made the best too...you can smell it even outside the house! When I do have to use it from a bottle, I add a bit of brown sugar and it tastes better! Your chicken looks so YUMMY! ;D

Life in Rehab said...

That looks really good! Care to share your recipe, or is this a locked down family secret?

Nicole Bingham said...

Just following your cute blog from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

Thanks, Nicole Mariana

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

YAH I am following you. Hope you are having a great week.
Best wishes,
Cindi

Charla said...

Thank you for sharing the fond memory of your Dad..:)

Eve said...

Really nice memory of grilling Dad, and I can imagine how great the food tasted. Your version looks yummy!

Great move to chuck the skin :D

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails