The second half of our Orlando trip was in Disney (we did it the opposite way last year when we went with our daughters).
We tried a new to us hotel The Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando - Disney Springs Area this year after seeing a lot of great reviews. They have a lot of nice amenities like daily hot breakfast, afternoon Kick Back buffet with drink tickets, daily popcorn and soda from 4-8pm, no resort fee and best of all...early entry to the theme parks.
We ubered from one hotel to the other and quickly checked in. Our room was ready which was so nice. We had a great view of the pool. We decided to do a resort hop for our first day.
We thought there might a wait but we got right in.
Cheers to the first real day of vacation!
We ordered the dumplings and they were tasty. My drink was the Spikey Pineapple (with Dole Whip) and Mr. Click's was the Tahitian Torch. Both were delish.
We love the Polynesian and walking around the lush and tropical resort.
Our next stop was a quick monorail ride away to the Grand Floridian.
We ordered the charcuterie board. Yum!
After that we took the monorail to the Contemporary and grabbed coffee at Contemporary Grounds. We also got a cookies and cream chocolate mousse dessert and enjoying the coffee and dessert in the Outer Rim bar area looking out their huge windows.
By this time we were stuffed but still had one more resort in us so we took the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge.
This is another one of our favorite resorts that is fun to visit.
We didnt' want anything else to eat or drink so we just walked around the resort and gift shop. We took an uber back to our hotel and relaxed for a bit before dinner.
We met up with some friends at the Edison in Disney Springs for dinner. It was an easy walk from our hotel.
We walked back and were treated to this amazing sunset. We were ready for the parks and had an early morning the next day.
Pin It

8 comments:
I'm about ready to book a stay at a Drury- our location won't have those views but free popcorn and pop is a major bonus no matter what is outside the window... The resorts you visited are so stunning and all your food and drinks look really good! Off to a good start...
That sunset. :-)
What was all on the charcuterie board?
So nice! The Wilderness Hotel is one of my favorites to visit. Have a great weekend!
how fun! everything looks amazing
@Marilyn I agree!! WL is so awesome!
That sounds like such a fun day of hotel hopping.
Looks like another fun day with the great food and drinks!
Aw, I love the Polynesian! It brings back so many memories. I remember my first time staying there, I think I was 12, just going into middle school and I bought a pair of wrap around short in the gift shop. I thought I was so cool!! Haha!!
Post a Comment