Friday, July 10, 2026

{Mostly} Thrifted Gallery Wall In The Guest Room

 This was such an easy gallery wall and I can keep adding or swap out art as we live with it.


We started with the arrangement below with some self portraits done by our daughters, our framed wedding invitation, some art prints and two thrifted pieces.
It was fine but I wanted to add some more interest to the wall.  I had some black frames that I was no longer using and a few thrifted frames that I had collected.   I needed "art" and realized that I had some photos and a few post cards that could work. 
 I asked ChatGPT for an arrangement based on what we had and what we wanted to add.  It wasn't perfect but it was a good start. There was no way that the round frame could fit where they positioned it but I was able to find a different spot for it.
The thrifted owl frame has a photo of sweet, dearly missed Nessa and the thrifted shell frame holds a photo of Jinx Monsoon from the Broadway show Oh Mary.  She is in there as a place holder until I find something more personal, but for now she works!
I'm so happy with how it turned out! 

Pin It

12 comments:

Kim said...

It looks great, Heather! This would be the perfect wall for me, since I like to change things up...add, subtract...often. I can't wait to see how it evolves over time.

Carla from The River said...

I like it.
We just hung a bunch of Atticus art work up. We redid our study. I wanted to hang more of his art work up. I had found some frames at a thrift store, so it worked out great.
Thank you for sharing!!

Wish Atticus would take up oil painting again. Fingers crossed!!

Joanne said...

That looks fabulous!

Gina said...

I love the visual interest from a gallery wall. I never thought to ask Chat GPT - duh! Why didn't I think of that?!

Ann said...

That looks wonderful - love all the personal touches. And how nice to have your wedding invitation and your daughters on the wall...a natural progression. I have our wedding invitation on display, looking like it is burned into a wooden plaque, decoupaged with Mod Podge - this was a "thing" back in the 70's - I did it for all my friends. Ours still looks good coming up on 50 years!

MELODY JACOB said...

Thrifting frames and mixing them with personal memories is the absolute best way to build a gallery wall! It gives the room so much character, and the flexibility to swap things out later means it can grow right along with your home.

Nancy said...

Looks great! We have one here and it’s fun to change it out. Smart that you asked ChatGPT! Brilliant!

Nicole Orriëns said...

I love this! I would totally do this in our living room. And I really like that you can keep adding to it.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Joanne thank you!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Melody thank you for your kind words!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Nancy Thank you!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather, you did a great job with hanging all of those pictures. I love that it's thrifted pieces and the pictures your city girls did are just great!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails