This was our first park day and we were excited to get to get going.
We took an early bus over to Hollywood Studio to get there before early entry rope drop.
After that we walked through Toy Story Land and the wait time for Toy Story Mania wasn't very long so we hopped in line. We hadn't ridden that one in a few years. It's so fun! By then the park was open to everyone and we got in line for Tower of Terror.
Next we went over to Rock N' Roller Coaster featuring the Muppets (NEW!). I wasn't sure I would go on it but I wanted to walk through to see the new theming. I actually did it and it was cute but I don't need to go on again. It's a little bumpy for me.We took the Skyliner over to EPCOT. We had some time before our reservation at Geo 82 so we rode Spaceship Earth. It's always nice for cooling down and having a calming ride.
We walked right over to Geo 82 - a new to us adults only lounge in EPCOT.
Our dapper bartender preparing my Tuscan Olive Oil Martini.Mr. Click got the High Brow Batanga but didn't like it so he swapped out for a glass of Sancerre. Much better!We ordered the charcuterie which is supposed to be the best one on Disney property. It was quite impressive!
We then rode Soarin' (new for USA 250th birthday) and Living with The Land (another favorite).
After that we walked through World Showcase to try some recommended treats. The first one was this Caramel Butter Bar in Germany. It's got Werther's caramel poured over a shortbread crust. Yes,please!
Later we split a rosé in France. We were pretty tired by then and ready to head back to our hotel. We took the bus back and relaxed and cooled off in our room for awhile.
First we checked out the Kickback at the hotel and were very impressed the selection of foods that we were part of it. I was craving something healthy and the salad bar looked really good. There was also a pasta dish and two soups. They always have baked potatoes, chips, salsa, nacho cheese and hotdogs.
This is what the bar was serving and each adult gets 3 drink tickets/day. We hopped on the bus for Magic Kingdom (third park of the day!)
Magic Kingdom was looking quite magical! We rode Pirates of The Caribbean.
We got to go on a few more rides: Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear (also newly refurbed) and The People Mover and soaked up the MK nighttime vibes. It's such a nice way to end your night and to see the whole park lit up.
I even beat Mr. Click on Buzz Lightyear which never happens! I like the new controllers!After that we walked through World Showcase to try some recommended treats. The first one was this Caramel Butter Bar in Germany. It's got Werther's caramel poured over a shortbread crust. Yes,please!
Along the way we also stopped in my favorite store-Mitsukoshi in Japan and spent some time browsing and shopping. I could spend hours in there! Another recommended snack was the wafer ice cream sandwich. It's a little hard to find but if you go in the back of the store and wait in line, there is a freezer behind the counter where they keep them. We heard strawberry was the best so of course that's the one we ordered. It breaks into two parts so it's perfect for sharing.
It was very hot out by then and we wanted to rest a bit and cool off and found Kawaii: Japan's Cute Culture in the Bijitsu-Kan Gallery right off of Mitsukoshi. There were benches to sit on and the exhibit is super cute, like the name implies.Later we split a rosé in France. We were pretty tired by then and ready to head back to our hotel. We took the bus back and relaxed and cooled off in our room for awhile.
That (and a shower) must have energized us because we were ready to go back to the parks that evening.
This is what the bar was serving and each adult gets 3 drink tickets/day. We hopped on the bus for Magic Kingdom (third park of the day!)
Magic Kingdom was looking quite magical! We rode Pirates of The Caribbean.
We got to go on a few more rides: Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear (also newly refurbed) and The People Mover and soaked up the MK nighttime vibes. It's such a nice way to end your night and to see the whole park lit up.
We hightailed it out of the park before fireworks and took the monorail the Contemporary then got an uber back to our hotel. We could see the fireworks on the drive home. What a day!

8 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I would have picked that martini, too. Great minds think alike. (:
Oh my goodness what a great day at the park(s)! All the food looks good and the rides sound so fun. I haven’t been to Disney in years and probably wouldn’t recognize it! Glad you were pleased with the Drury Kick Back. I think it’s an amazing bonus of staying there and I did go ahead and book a stay there for an upcoming long weekend trip. I had been thinking about it and then I read one of your posts where you mentioned it and I took that as a sign to book there, lol.
What a fabulous time you had...LOVE your ears, and love how you husbands sunglasses on top of his cap look like ears at times. AND...a Phillies cap!
Look at those nails. :-) So cute Heather.
WOW!! A lot of fun you are having. I love that.
I will try the Brown Butter Old Fashioned please. :-)
That sounds like a wonderful day in the parks. You managed to see and do a lot.
what’s fun week of travel!!!
I love your evening outfit with th ears! I also love how you guys really made the most of your day. You clearly love Disney!!
Heather, it looks like a fun day for you and Mr. Click. I love the cute outfit you wore with the ears!
Post a Comment