Thursday, April 9, 2026

{Recipe} Greek Yogurt Brownies

I was looking for a healthier, high protein brownie recipe and needed to use up some Greek yogurt.  This recipe ticked all of the boxes and I had all of the ingredients so I gave it a go!
Wet Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or coconut sugar)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Dry Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
To make:
  • Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare 8x8 pan with parchment paper
  • Combine wet ingredients in a bowl, whisking until combined
  • In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together, whisk to combine
  • Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir gently and don't over mix.  Fold in optional chocolate chips
  • Pour mixture into prepared pan
  • Bake 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
  • Let cool on wire rack
  • Cut into squares and enjoy!
Yum!
I was in a heathy treat mood and made some of my Viral Date Snickers Bark but in more of a mound because I was in a hurry. I recommend the bark method but this was good in a pinch!


What's your favorite "healthier" treat?


 

Pin It

11 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Yum!!
I like a good protein power ball.

Gina said...

Both of those look so good. I am a big fan of both dates, and dark chocolate!

Maria Rineer said...

I still haven't made the viral date bark- I want to do that! I find I'm typically disappointed in healthier brownies and I don't like yogurt at all. So I'm not sure about that recipe but the date bark is something I definitely want to try!

Joanne said...

Both of these look great!

R’s Rue said...

Yum. I want one

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Maria. I get it! I hope you try the date bark soon!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Joanne Thank you!!

Veronica Lee said...

Yum, those brownies look so good! 😋
I love how you added Greek yogurt for extra protein.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love brownies and your recipe looks easy to follow. They must taste great with the dark chocolate chips.

Marilyn said...

I have saved this one...It looks good and I love greek yogurt in recipes.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Marilyn I hope you like it!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails