Friday, April 24, 2026

NYC For a Night and Moving Adventures

 It was a whirlwind couple of weekends moving City Girl #2 into her new place. I also squeezed in a night in the Big Apple while Mr. Click was there for a conference.
We took many trips between the two apartments.
We discovered a new coffee shop and it helped fuel our days.
We took a break for lunch and had some yummy tacos, guac and a spicy margarita.
Mr. Click had a conference in NYC and I came up for one of the nights. I got to see both of the girls. I navigated the subways by myself which felt like a major accomplishment.  I explored the French department store Printemps. It was so gorgeous.
I would love to have a drink at Red Room Bar sometime. Super fancy!
I met City Girl #1 for coffee at Maman in FiDi.   It was the prettiest cafe. She had plans that night so she couldn't meet me for dinner.

After she went back to work, I explored a bit and checked out the NY Stock Exchange.
Trinity Church
I only had a few hours before meeting up with CG #2 so I headed her way and to do some shopping in Union Square. I spent most of my time at Muji (one of my favorite stores!)  We had a lovely dinner at Osteria Figa.
I found my way back to the hotel.  (This was walking through Times Square to get there).
Mr. Click met me back at the hotel and we had a glass of wine at the bar. 
The view from the room.
That weekend we were back in Brooklyn for more moving. She is now settled in her new place and loves it!

Linking up:











Pin It

13 comments:

Nancy said...

NYC fun! Proud of you for riding the subway by yourself. Not sure I could do that. Way to go!

Maria Rineer said...

Lots of fun in the city! How nice of you to help your daughter move and how fun to tag along wit your husband. I will check out the links to the stores in your post. I've not heard of them. I'm glad your daughter likes her new place. Have a great weekend!

Joanne said...

Those sound like lovely times in the city! Good for you for navigating your way around; I haven't been in the city since probably high school but I do remember being rather confident with riding the subway way back when (I'm not nearly so confident now that I could remember how).

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Nancy I do use an app but I'm still proud of myself. Thankyou!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Maria Thank you so much! I hope you have a great weekend too. It looks like a rainy one for us. :(

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Joanne Thank you! I bet you could still do it!

R's Rue said...

I’d spend too much money at Muji. No self restraint.

Gina said...

Impressive that you navigated subways solo in NYC!

Marilyn said...

How nice to have 2 wonderful reasons to be in NYC! Whenever I visit NYC, I usually get the hang of the subway system on my last day there, ha!

Ann said...

What fun - and kudos for navigating the subway! Looks like you have many more good times ahead in the city!!!

Carla from The River said...

Well done Heather, I am in awe of you. I am not use to the city anymore, not sure how I would do. I would need your help.
:-)
Does the grand-kitty like the new apartment?

Hena Tayeb said...

Yay for you on riding the subway.. I don't remember the last time I go on one by myself. Looks like you had a busy but fun weekend.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That I do!! You're good that you can get the subway on your own. I use an app and that definitely helps!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails