Tuesday, April 14, 2026

Closet Makeover #2- Primary Bedroom

 We were inspired to do our own closet after finishing the one in the guest room.

I had already started to empty it out when I thought to take a "before" photo. Just picture full rods of  hanging clothing.
Our closet is basically identical to the one in the guest room. Taking down the interior fittings was a pain.
We were left with so many holes and not quite sure why.
Looking much better after spackling, sanding and painting by Mr. Click.
I started opening the many boxes from Ikea and carrying up the pieces.
We were more experienced this time so we knew what we were doing with the initial side piece and suspension rail.
First one in!
Second side in !
Here's where we changed our plans. We were originally going to add two custom cut hanging bars to the right of the second unit but we decided to add another shelving unit instead. We found a Billy bookcase that would fit the narrow space so we headed back to Ikea to buy it --and a few more pieces for the closet units.  
I also placed an online order for organizers to be used in both closets.
Our design changed slightly from what we originally planned.  Mr Click's hanging clothes are on the left. Mine are in the middle.   I was able to fold a lot of my clothes so I only needed one bar (my long things are in the guest room closet).  The extra shelving unit gave us a lot more space.  
We each have a drawer which is so nice for getting ready.    We've cleared out three drawers from our dresser with this new closet system.  It's much more efficient.  I love being able to see everything at once.
We've been using it for about a month now and we both really love it. We took the doors off of this one too and don't miss them.  


Linking up:









Pin It

13 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks great. Ikea is genius at optimizing storage space.

Carla from The River said...

Well done my friend, this is an upcoming project for us. I am getting ready to have a good clean up of our closet. :-)

Joanne said...

That looks great!

Gina said...

I am very impressed that you both share this space and it looks so neat! I could never get Hubby to purge the clothes he no longer wore and as a result our closet looked stuffed like a sausage, ha ha.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Joanne Thank you so much!

Marilyn said...

This is amazing! What a great upgrade to your closet!

mireille said...

Such a great use of the space!! It looks so neat and organized and you can put so much more in it!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Handmade in Israel said...

It looks wonderful! You and Mr. Click did a great job :)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love the way your closet system came out. It looks great and so neat. I have the Billy bookcase in my closet for all of my shoes. I just organized my clothes and donated 3 bags. It's always a work in progress for me.

Maria Rineer said...

Your closet looks so good! Great job!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Marilyn Thank you so much! We are liking the new closet a lot!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@mireille Thank you so much. We were shocked at how much we could fit into a more organized space!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

@Maria Thank you so much! We love being so organized. :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails