Tuesday, September 30, 2025

Summer Bucket List-How did we do?

As the sun starts setting earlier every night, it's time to see how well we did with my Summer Bucket List. 

Summer Bucket List


  • go berry picking
  • visit local brewery
  • outdoor concert
  • s’mores on the fire pit
  • fresh corn
  • berry or peach dessert
  • visit local vineyard 
  • Jersey tomato sandwich
  • host a dinner party or happy hour
  • pool days
  • beach day
  • bike rides
  • family vacation  +
  • children’s museum with our niece & nephews
  • pizza on the grill
  • plant a garden

Visit a local vineyard
Visit local brewery
I wasn't sure we would get to a local vineyard but we actually got to two of them in mid-late September and it was still technically summer.
We visited this one recently and I was wowed by their flower gardens.
Mr. Click's band played here and it had beautiful views and good wine.  We never made it to a local brewery but we have plenty to visit this fall.
Host a dinner party or happy hour
Pool Days
We hosted a few Sunday Fundays and had meals at each of them so I'm counting that as "yes".  This also counts as pool days.
Plant a garden
I planted way more flower this year (than last year) and got some good results. I loved seeing the morning glories start to bloom in late summer.
I also planted my perennial garden and I've been getting more flowers as the season goes on.  We have two huge basil plants as well.
Tomato Sandwiches
This is a summer must for me with a ripe, juicy New Jersey tomato! I like mine on toast with some mayo and cheese. Lots of salt and pepper too!

Pizza on the grill
We love to make pizza during the year inside but there's something about cooking it on the grill that just makes it better.

Pick Berries
Peach or Berry Dessert
We never got to pick any berries but I did make a mixed berry crisp.

Bike Rides
I'm getting braver this year and we've taken more bike rides and also when City Girl #2 was visiting us.
Fresh corn
Mr. Click makes this corn salsa every summer and it's always a hit.
S'mores on the Firepit
City Girl #2 and I made s'mores on the firepit.
Go to the children's museum with our niece and nephews
This was their birthday gift from us and we finally got to take them (along with their parents and baby brother).  Followed by a pizza dinner of course!
Outdoor concert
We got to see Oasis at Metlife Stadium which was quite the thrill! I'll have a post on that later.

For the rest of the list: 
  • Family Vacation + other trip
  • Beach Days 
The family vacation was definitely on our list and we took the girls to Disney in June which was so much fun. The special trip to Kauai  happened to fall in the summer and was a bonus.



We did get one beach day in at home but we prefer our pool.  For the record, we do take daily walks by the ocean and along the boardwalk so I think they count as beach days too. 
That was a pretty busy and full summer!  
Do you do a summer bucket list? I think I need to do one for fall now.

Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:
Little Things Thursday








Pin It

7 comments:

Ann said...

You got a lot off of the list...good for you! Now it's time for a Fall bucket list....

Tamar SB said...

You had a full summer!

Carla from The River said...

You checked them off this summer, good for you. That s'more looks so good, the marshmallow is melted just right.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow Heather, you did a lot this summer and it looks like a great one. It's so awesome that you get to take walks by the ocean and pool days. The best of both worlds!

Joanne said...

You did great with your summer bucket list! It sounds like you had a really lovely summer too.

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

Hi heather Love this. What a great idea and you guys packed so much in to your summer. We need a bucket list for summer! xo laura

Maria Rineer said...

WOW! What a great, fun filled summer. If I´d done half of these, I´d consider my summer full of activities!! Your trips alone and daily walks on the beach are #goals (that likely are not gonna happen for me!!)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails