Wednesday, August 27, 2025

Dinners Lately & Loving My New Instant Pot

I am very late to the Instant Pot game but have finally gotten one.  I didn't think I needed another kitchen appliance, especially after downsizing last year but I made an exception.  I found myself needing a second slow cooker and this beauty from Pioneer Woman was on clearance at Walmart and could do so much more than a slow cooker for about the same price.  It was a return but was still brand new in the box.
Isn't she pretty?  So what have I been making in the Instant Pot?
I started very basic with rice. It cooked up perfectly fluffy in a flash.

For Mr. Click's birthday party I used it as a second slow cooker for New England Clam Chowder along with a baked potato bar.
I also made a delicious batch of macaroni and cheese for another get together.
I made Red Lentil Chili in it and cooked up a batch of dried white beans.   I plan on doing that with all different dried beans. They are so easy in the Instant Pot.

As for dinners lately, I've been on a freezer and pantry clean out and here are some of the dinners we've had.
We had a lot of potatoes left over from Mr. Click's birthday party baked potato bar so I tried a new recipe that I saw on Tiktok (of course).  It was parmesan crusted baked potatoes. Yummy!
I also made a big batch of Potato Corn Chowder for another summer gathering. 
I dug into some of my old recipes to use up what we had for some other meals.

One weekend when City Girl #2 was visiting we went to our favorite Thai restaurant.  
Last night I made the Cannellini Bean, Couscous & Spinach Soup
recipe that I got from Julie.  I added some veggie meatballs that needed to be used up.  
 
What have you been having for dinners lately?

Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:











Pin It

10 comments:

Carla from The River said...

She is pretty... funny story here, I do not have an instant pot, Sam does, but his mom does not. ;-)

Laura B said...

I think when my second slow cooker dies (and it will likely be soon because she's over 20 years old) I might have to get an instant pot. I love the look of yours! Great find!

Joanne said...

Oh fun; I don't have an insta pot either but I like that you can use yours as a crock pot too.

handmade by amalia said...

Everything looks delicious! I've been considering n instant pot for a while now.
Amalia
xo

R’s Rue said...

I need to make a stop in your kitchen.

Maria Rineer said...

It sounds like it's been a good addition to your kitchen. I've thought about getting one but have not. Maybe if I see one on clearance...

Nicole Orriëns said...

That looks great! Do I understand correctly that this pot can cook things really slowly ánd really fast?

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

I love the look of your new instant pot. I have not used my pot in a long time. I will have to start using it again. You've made some nice meals lately. I am so happy you like the soup recipe I shared. I made it a lot last winter. I will be making that again for the fall and winter months. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

MELODY JACOB said...

I’m impressed by how versatile you’re being with the Instant Pot. Using it for everything from clam chowder to dried beans makes me want to finally take the plunge myself. That Parmesan crusted baked potato idea sounds like pure comfort definitely something I’d try on a weekend. How do you usually decide which recipe to experiment with next?

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh nice.. I have always wondered about getting a slow cooker or maybe an instapot.. but I can't figure out if I should and if I do which? All your meals look great.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails