Wednesday, August 20, 2025

A Fun Summer Weekend

This was sort of a typical AND an atypical weekend for us this summer. 

It was slightly atypical because I was off to another Broadway show. I won the ticket lottery for Cabaret At The Kit Kat Club and the timing worked out well to go with City Girl #2.
On the train to NYC
We met up at Penn Station and stopped at Irish pub for a snack and an espresso martini (for me).

The show is so good!!    They cover up your phone's camera with a sticker but I snuck this quick shot before the show started.
Now we're in the more typical part of our weekend.  We like to take a morning walk along the beach. It was a hot, sunny day so the beach was already filling up.
We were hot and took a morning dip in the pool and I sat outside for awhile with my coffee.
We needed an outing so I got ready in this tennis dress (from here)
We did some thrifting (previous post), ran some errands and picked up dinner for later from a favorite spot.
I had some snuggle time with Willow while I read my book.  Mr Click had a gig so he was out and I had a chill night.
On Sunday morning we went to the farmer's market....
...and walked on a different boardwalk for a change.
My mother in law and her hubby came for a swim and an early dinner. We took them to a local place we thought they'd like (and they did). We got to watch the Phillies win and it was a nice night.

Please follow me! 
Instagram @heather_ourlife 
Facebook ourlifeinaclick

Linking up:















Pin It

7 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Well I would say that is a 5 star weekend. :-)
Carla

Maria Rineer said...

Agree with Carla! What a great weekend... you live in such a great spot. In a beach town yet close enough to take the train into the city to see a show and your daughter. The sticker thing is funny. You have to wonder how many take their stickers off if just for a picture like you took, before the show began :)

Joanne said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend!

Laura | Everyday Edits said...

what a fun weekend! we are headed to nyc to see the baby and go to usopen for a day! cute pic with your husband and his mom!! laura

R’s Rue said...

Looks like a blast.

Nicole Orriëns said...

That looks like such a nice weekend! And how nice to win a lottery ticket for a great show!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like the two of you had a great weekend. How nice to see Cabaret with your daughter and that you won the ticket lottery! Who was playing the lead? I enjoyed when I went with my daughter a few years ago.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails